• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

sighted in my 10/22

SKS Ray

NES Member
100_0693.jpg

I sighted in tonight after work at 50 yards using Federal bulk pack ammo and moved to the 100 yard range and used Wolf Match Extra. This 3 inch Shoot N C target was my final sight in and took me 20 rounds to get there. 10 rounds, 3 flyers, but I figure its good enough for the 100 yard egg shoot at Sippican this Sunday.

The only upgrades were the Choate stock, Butler Creek barrel, Weaver one piece base, Warne rings, and a Mueller APV 4.5–14×40 scope. I'll add some trigger parts one of these days.

These guns need a good breaking in, especially the newer ones. Give it a spray of Break Free on the bolt and work it a bunch of times. The chamber could also be tight because its new.
I've got one with original barrel thats so used I can rapid fire 30 round mags of any .22lr through it w/out any problems and its still very accurate at 50 yards.

Very nice. Just got my 10/22 a few weekends ago and have been taking great pleasure feeding her a steady diet of Winchester.

Back
Top Bottom