Sig SP2022: why doesn't everyone have one of these???

[rolleyes]

European police are poorly trained. NDs are just one very visible piece of evidence of that lack of training. If you want to base your selection of a handgun based on the choices made by agencies that very poorly train their officers, then by all means, do so. But don't imply that their choice of DA/SA means that it is "the best." It isn't. It has a lot of drawbacks.

If you really like DA/SA, then get a CZ and send it to Angus Hobdell. Now that is DA/SA done right.

OK now I follow you....so your point is maybe referencing my likes for SP2022 on european LE and .mil isn't too well founded since they are poorly trained. fair enough i'm with you now.

much of my family are only marginally into guns but they all go shooting with me. every time i have put a DA/SA gun into their hands they either get confused or get a "surprise" round fired on the SA pull. the DA/SA certainly has its drawbacks but the more I use it the more i like it. IMO it's similar to a standard/manual compared to an auto transmission. i think of the DA -> SA as shifting from gear 1 -> 2. this is probably a parochial and retarded way to look at it but i am clinically retarded and i never finished parochial school so it's OK. [smile]

If you really like DA/SA, then get a CZ and send it to Angus Hobdell. Now that is DA/SA done right.

I have two CZ 40B's. I took one of them and put in the competition hammer and sear, polished the sear and changed springs. It's quite surprising what a difference it makes- and I still have one in original condition to compare it to. That said, I prefer a SA with a safety. But my modified 40B sure is a fun gun to shoot.

I don't care for the whole DA/SA thing myself. Back around 1980 there was this whole "wonder nine" theme raging. (High capacity/small frame, 9mm) I bought one of the firsts, a S&W 469.
This was my everyday ccw for several years even though I never liked the DA/SA. Then I bought my first Glock. Now, 5 Glocks later, the 469 hasn't left the safe in years.

OK now I follow you....so your point is maybe referencing my likes for SP2022 on european LE and .mil isn't too well founded since they are poorly trained. fair enough i'm with you now

There is also a fairly well documented case to be made that if you are considering speed and quality of hit on target a DA/ trigger setup will take more time and money to be equally as proficient with. To your point of it being easier to learn DA/SA than to learn to disengage a thumb saety.... I've never seen someone remotely familiar with a thumb safe ( such as on a 1911 ) forget to disengage the safety

I really prefer the DA/SA over striker fired pistols. Love my SP2022, I believe the low price has something to do with all the R&D being paid for by the french government for the first contact of the pistol.

Please tell me which trigger job gets the sp2022 down to 4 lbs , eliminates the DA pull and the decor and lowers the bore axis and maybe I'll be interested.... it seems to me, many mock the idea of the M&Ps that "need" a trigger job out of the box. I agree, the m&p's sucks but at least for my needs there fixable...

I don't see a single way the SP2022 could ever fit into how I like to shoot. Doesn't make it a bad pistol, just makes it one I don't need. I have also adopted the philosophy that it's better to have a few pistols that do exactly what I want ( at whatever price is required ) than a bunch of inexpensive pistols that don't do what I want.

It might not fit the way you shoot, which is why there are 100s of other handgun choices, none are the best its just the owners opinion...IMHO

Sent from the blind

Last edited:
I have yet to fire/see that Sig up close. I'm glad you like it but I cannot see it beating out my 19 with a 3.5# connector and the ol $.25 trigger job (really just a polishing)...I just bought a Gen2 off another NESr & did the same to it as I did to my gen 4 & I just can't miss w the damn thing. That and a cple of pre bans & maybe, just maybe I can stop a motivated crack head or two!

Glad you like it...was alway curious about them. Did not really make a stir in the market so I just bypassed them altogether.

I have yet to fire/see that Sig up close. I'm glad you like it but I cannot see it beating out my 19 with a 3.5# connector and the ol $.25 trigger job (really just a polishing)...I just bought a Gen2 off another NESr & did the same to it as I did to my gen 4 & I just can't miss w the damn thing. That and a cple of pre bans & maybe, just maybe I can stop a motivated crack head or two!

Glad you like it...was alway curious about them. Did not really make a stir in the market so I just bypassed them altogether.

That.

Pre-ban is pre ban even after you file a notch in it. If you did that to a post-ban magazine to make it hold more than ten rounds you would be in trouble if anyone ever found out about it after you got arrested for something.

If you have modified a "pre-ban" magazine, is it still legally, under the law, a "pre-ban" magazine?

I've read the laws, but I don't know the answer to that.

If you have modified a "pre-ban" magazine, is it still legally, under the law, a "pre-ban" magazine?

I've read the laws, but I don't know the answer to that.

Either way it was manufactured pre 9/94, then what difference does it make?
For example, i put orange stickers on all my preban mags so i can ID them easily....does that mean theyre no longer preban since Ive "modified" them? Of course not.

any actual experience with this firearm or just posting as another armchair elitist?
with regards to my join date, i recently moved to this hellhole known as MA.
if you want rank join the army. i'm just a civilian so "join date" don't meet $hit to me.

Handed your wize ass to you there Yankee...now go sit in the penalty box and feel shame!
[rofl]

The 2022 is good enough as a duty sidearm for one of the world's to anti terror units. I guess it should be good enough for everybody. I love mine. Got one of the red headed stepchildren with a manual safety, and carry it OWB wherever I go. I pick it over my 226 DAK and my 229 R for EDC. For the Glock fans here, I just don't think any of those ugly bricks is in the same zip code as the SIG when it comes to accuracy, fit and finish.

The 2022 is good enough as a duty sidearm for one of the world's to anti terror units. I guess it should be good enough for everybody. .

Don't you have a post on another site from 2 years ago where you say the exact same thing, only to say after the fact that while the GIGN are issued the 2022 many choose various other weapons from Glock/HK ect

Don't you have a post on another site from 2 years ago where you say the exact same thing, only to say after the fact that while the GIGN are issued the 2022 many choose various other weapons from Glock/HK ect

[popcorn]

Handed your wize ass to you there Yankee...now go sit in the penalty box and feel shame!

I have no shame. Can you tell me how it feels to be handed your ass? I just think the OP is a little silly for messing his pants over a Sig. But I also live in Rhode Island, where I can buy any pistol on the planet and any magazine to boot.

No popcorn needed... Not attempting to start anything, as I don't really care to argue personal preference in firearms. I just found interesting that when I searched to find what unit Frenchman was referring to The 1st thing I found was a reply in another forum by him that said the exact same thing from 2012

I would shoot my Glock up against any Sig and come out ahead. Those who I have shot with would agree I bet. Besides putting this at Sig Vs Glock debate I'm not. I have only shot my inlaws duty gun's, a Sig 229 and a M&P 45. I would like to shoot a SP2022. They have tons at Manchester but I didn't want to pay for a rental. maybe next time.

No popcorn needed... Not attempting to start anything, as I don't really care to argue personal preference in firearms. I just found interesting that when I searched to find what unit Frenchman was referring to The 1st thing I found was a reply in another forum by him that said the exact same thing from 2012
so, it's a clear case of "I've said it before, I say it again". What's wrong with that? A fact is a fact is a fact. Right?

so, it's a clear case of "I've said it before, I say it again". What's wrong with that? A fact is a fact is a fact. Right?

Nothing, other than you kind of left out the rest....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPLO
Frenchman, I love my 2022 but I was curious about the GIGN. I've seen photos of them with Glocks, 226s and revolvers but never with a 2022. Where is your source?
Let's just say I have friends in Djibouti and Guiana, and that the GIGN "travels" an awfull lot.
Besides, they are gendarmerie, and are issued the same material as the regular GM (gendarmerie mobile) units, ergo the 2022 is their standard issued sidearm. But, like the SAS, or the seals, they have certain liberties when it comes to gear and weaponry. They even have their very on engineer (they call him Mc Gyver) who will build what they need, when it is not available on the market. The revolvers they use are french made Manurhin .357, but as far as my information go, I know of 2022, 226, H&K in .45, H&K 416, SIG 550 c, FAMAS, M4, Ultima ratios in .338 and .308, and a few others that I can't get together right now.

You have one guy stating that he's only seen GIGN with glocks and 226's and you then state that their standard issues IS the 2022, but many choose to chary their own preference. Paints a little different picture than,

The 2022 is good enough as a duty sidearm for one of the world's to anti terror units. I guess it should be good enough for everybody.

As for some of them at least, it's not good enough...

Last edited:
OMG if someone kept track of how many times I've contradicted myself, that person would be one busy dude with plenty of examples.
part of being a grown man is having a fickle old woman live inside me and make most of my decisions....including gun decisions. One week I like FDE, next week I hate FDE, now I like two-tone, tomorrow I will prefer OD green.

any grown man who thinks he is a consistent creature is either fooling himself or just straight boring.

- - - Updated - - -

My brother's duty gun is a Sig. It is the only thing he is allowed- he had to buy it himself. He would prefer almost anything else….

I guess he wont be joining the SEALs anytime soon. [rofl]

OMG if someone kept track of how many times I've contradicted myself, that person would be one busy dude with plenty of examples.

The point is not to point out contradictions... The point is simply, they make different products for different reasons. An individuals requirements vary, from lowly civilians to elite operators. There is not 1 single "best" for any of them. Why bother worrying about what some special forces guy is using?

I don't own one because its DA/SA and its also the size of a school bus. Sig seems to have this mind numbing fetish with making polymer framed autos bigger than they need to be.

I would shoot my Glock up against any Sig and come out ahead. Those who I have shot with would agree I bet. Besides putting this at Sig Vs Glock debate I'm not. I have only shot my inlaws duty gun's, a Sig 229 and a M&P 45. I would like to shoot a SP2022. They have tons at Manchester but I didn't want to pay for a rental. maybe next time.

This. My accuracy with my 226 is the same as with my G19. Difference being is that it seems im quicker with the 19. Perhaps that's because I shoot it far more but I think it also just fits me better for defensive purposes.

I was all about adding a 2022 to the collection just to own until I held one. Nice and light, but still felt cheap in comparison to the 226 or 229s I've fired; particularly the decocker. It would never be a carry gun for me. The G26 and G19 fill that role much better.

Think I'll pass now and spend the money on other toys. Not selling my 226 though. Beautiful piece, it just serves a different purpose.

There are plenty of SIG's that are more accurate from a rest... But when its in your hands, running the gun at speed.... Whatever difference there is is lost in the noise.

Back
Top Bottom