SIG SAUER SERVICE (UPDATE)

gene

NES Member
Last month in the early part of September about the 7th I think. My wife was shooting my sig mosquito at the range when the slide just behind the front site broke right in half. The gun didn't blow or explode. The slide just broke clean and it was obviously a defect in the metal of the pistol.

The gun wasn't fired all that much, a couple of thousand rounds in the few years I have owned it and never dropped or abused in anyway.

To make a long story short the pistol was sent back to SIG at my cost and they received it the 14th of September. Last contact with sig was email to customer service the same person I spoke with originally. He said they got it on the 14th of September but the armorer hadn't gotten around to looking at it.

I have 4 other sigs which I have never had a problem with but whats up with over a month turnaround time on a 22 caliber I have $400.00 into. I have a second email in to the same guy as today but if I get that same comment back I may have to go up the ladder with this.

To make matters worse, I am shooting my wifes Walther P22 which is a great little pistol but too small for my paws.

Anyone else have any experience with their service turnaround times on something like this?

Last edited:
Bad customer service unless your paying them the big bucks for one of their service items. I had the SRT kit installed by them on my P239 since they won't sell it to non-LEO gunsmiths, and while it was ridiculously expensive, the service was super fast and really easy.

I had virtually the same thing happen earlier this year. A Mosquito owned by me for two years with over 15,000 rounds through it cracked the slide where the recoil spring/rod sits.

After speaking with SIG customer service, they sent me a prepaid shipping label and I shipped the pistol back to them. I was expecting to pay for a new slide in this situation, considering the age of the firearm. After a month, I called customer service to get an update, and was told that there were no replacement slides, as they come from Germany. In the event that they would have to replace the pistol, I gave them the name of my FFL so it could be transferred (it would have a new serial number). Again, I was expecting to pay a pro-rated charge on a replacement, but an estimate on cost was never spoken of. Two weeks later I get a call from my FFL that the Mosquito is ready for pickup. Never got a call from SIG that it had been shipped.

As I was purchasing another pistol at that time, the transfer was done for free. I now have a new Mosquito (they even shipped one with a metal magazine as that is what I sent them) at zero cost. Aside from a bit of surliness from the CS representative as I was reluctant to provide my FFL at first (I was mentally adding up the possible cost on fixing a $300 pistol) and about 6-7 weeks, it worked out well.

its probably the worst customer service in the industry. i'm sure others

will agree.

My recent experience was different, though my context was quite different as well.

On a P220, I noticed a distinct "click" when the trigger was pulled with the slide locked back. You shouldn't feel anything in that mode, since the trigger bar should be disconnected. Upon examination, I found that the nominally round fact of the disconnector lobe had developed a flat, which effectively shortened the disconnector length and would, if it had progressed, eventually interfered with the disconnector function.

This was clearly a defect, as this pistol had fewer than 1,000 rounds through it at the time of the discovery.

I called SIG. A pleasant and helpful lady wanted me to send the pistol back, or perhaps drive it up to Exeter and leave it. When I demured, she offered to send me a replacement trigger bar after being satisfied that I was qualified to replace it. I accepted; the replacement trigger bar arrived in three days. No charge, of course.

So, for what it may be worth . . . .

Hey, RKG, you may have been talking with Victoria Martin. She is top shelf in the CS department.

BTW, when did they start allowing drop-offs for service? This is something new. It's also something good, IMO. I hate shipping any firearm.

I've had horrible experiences with Sig customer service. Just horrible. They are a sales organization that happens to sell guns. They are driven by sales and profits. Customers don't enter into that picture. It is all about making the sales numbers for the quarter. I really don't think they see themselves as having a relationship with their customers at all. Their management and policies are all about short term goals and objectives.

S&W sets the gold standard. It has to start at the top. Their primary goal is to make the customer happy. They bend over backwards to help. Called recently about a recoil spring on a 20+ year old M41 and they sent it out no cost, no question. It arrived in two days. S&W recognizes the value of a long term relationship with a gun owner.

Sig CS S*CKS (IMHO).

S&W sets the gold standard. It has to start at the top. Their primary goal is to make the customer happy. They bend over backwards to help. Called recently about a recoil spring on a 20+ year old M41 and they sent it out no cost, no question. It arrived in two days. S&W recognizes the value of a long term relationship with a gun owner.

I have always had great service and turnaround with S&W as well. We will see what happens with Sig next week and I will update. I was surprized to find out the same thing happened with someone elses mosquito in this post. Same exact place as mine split.

I have always had great service and turnaround with S&W as well. We will see what happens with Sig next week and I will update. I was surprized to find out the same thing happened with someone elses mosquito in this post. Same exact place as mine split.

The Mosquito was Sig's bastard child, they should have discontinued it long ago. Definitely not up to the rest of Sig's quality. Much the same as the Walther P22. One of the few inexpensive .22 semi's is the Ruger Mark II and Mark III. Those guns are bullet proof.

I sent in my 556 scm with failure to feed problem ( wouldn't strip a round from mag but would eject and yes I've tried multiple mags). Would fire with the gas system on setting 2 but wouldn't function on setting 1 leaving it basically a single shot. They sent it right back saying there was nothing wrong with it but they adjusted the gas valve anyways. Haven't brought it back to the range to test yet.

Hey, RKG, you may have been talking with Victoria Martin. She is top shelf in the CS department.

BTW, when did they start allowing drop-offs for service? This is something new. It's also something good, IMO. I hate shipping any firearm.

I'm not sure they have "started" that; rather, I think she was just trying to accommodate me, as I live close and am a trained SIG armorer. On the other hand, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it.

Back
Top Bottom