Sig P365 wait for it.... XL?

Review said the XL grip will be offered separately and will fit regular P365s. As will the slide.

Does anyone know if the manual safety is part of the grip module, so could you swap it out with the grip?

Review said the XL grip will be offered separately and will fit regular P365s. As will the slide.

Does anyone know if the manual safety is part of the grip module, so could you swap it out with the grip?

Safety is part of the fcu. Haven’t tried yet but it looks like the safety can just be taken out without needing any replacement parts.

Safety is part of the fcu. Haven’t tried yet but it looks like the safety can just be taken out without needing any replacement parts.

Probably you'd want something to plug the hole to keep dirt out. Sounds like there's a strong market for the safety even in free states. I just don't want to learn a new manual of arms.

While the thought of the longer grip is intriguing, how would you use it in MA if you can't fit the regular P365 10rd mags in it? If I'm not mistaken, the XL flush is 12 rounds. I suppose you could block a 12rd mag.

The grips are just the polymer shell that holds the serialized parts and safety, so not only can you take delivery of the grip with no FFL, they should be cheap as well. If the new XL is anything like the regular, the grip modules should be under $20. a pop, but watch Sig charge a premium for the XL version.

While the thought of the longer grip is intriguing, how would you use it in MA if you can't fit the regular P365 10rd mags in it? If I'm not mistaken, the XL flush is 12 rounds. I suppose you could block a 12rd mag.

The grips are just the polymer shell that holds the serialized parts and safety, so not only can you take delivery of the grip with no FFL, they should be cheap as well. If the new XL is anything like the regular, the grip modules should be under $20. a pop, but watch Sig charge a premium for the XL version.

I'm assuming Sig will make 10 round mags for it, just like they do every other gun.

I'm assuming Sig will make 10 round mags for it, just like they do every other gun.

Good point, but that may only be available once a state compliant model is approved/released.

Talking about mags--saw a video that Sig changed the mag finish on these XL's to more of an impregnated coating. I personally would have preferred raw steel as opposed to any coating, but if they must paint it, then this is a good idea. The regular P365 mag paint starts stripping around the feed lips on first use. Not really a big deal, but annoying that they even bothered when it comes off so easily. Plus, at $40/per, I'd think I'd want a little longer life on that paint.

Good point, but that may only be available once a state compliant model is approved/released.

Talking about mags--saw a video that Sig changed the mag finish on these XL's to more of an impregnated coating. I personally would have preferred raw steel as opposed to any coating, but if they must paint it, then this is a good idea. The regular P365 mag paint starts stripping around the feed lips on first use. Not really a big deal, but annoying that they even bothered when it comes off so easily. Plus, at $40/per, I'd think I'd want a little longer life on that paint.
Well considering The Gun Parlor is already posting for sale ads for them here I guess they already have access to 10 round magazines or are blocking them themselves. Not that I'd pay them that nor let them report my personal information to the AG as they have been.
WTS - SIG SAUER P365 XL 9MM $615.00

Well considering The Gun Parlor is already posting for sale ads for them here I guess they already have access to 10 round magazines or are blocking them themselves. Not that I'd pay them that nor let them report my personal information to the AG as they have been.
WTS - SIG SAUER P365 XL 9MM $615.00

That would appear to be a used free state, if that stock picture is any indication. Not exactly the same as what I was talking about with state-compliant models.

I've never understood that shop. They seem to have lots of stuff that is unavailable to MA unless LEO. Do they do a lot of out of state transfers?

I would expect a lot more with everything made by sig for the money they want for their stuff.

I would expect a lot more with everything made by sig for the money they want for their stuff.

I agree, but maybe I should retract a bit of my prior comment. It's not like the paint is flaking off or anything. It is more that the mechanical tolerances are so tight that the mag gets worn rather hard by the feed lips. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but the price does demand a lot.

I agree, but maybe I should retract a bit of my prior comment. It's not like the paint is flaking off or anything. It is more that the mechanical tolerances are so tight that the mag gets worn rather hard by the feed lips. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but the price does demand a lot.

Would a lubricant help?

That would appear to be a used free state, if that stock picture is any indication. Not exactly the same as what I was talking about with state-compliant models.

I've never understood that shop. They seem to have lots of stuff that is unavailable to MA unless LEO. Do they do a lot of out of state transfers?
Well they were selling the regular P365s earlier than the "MA" model. So don't know there. But they also do usually have a lot of out of state stuff (the website is deceiving because the owner intentionally leaves stuff they don't have in stock on it.) and I know they have a gunbroker account because I've stumbled across it looking at Korth Mongoose revolvers (not that I'd pay for one) and realized they market their nighthawk stuff on there.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt in terms of fit tolerances, but I don't know if I like the idea of lubricating the outside of a mag. Makes both loading and handling of the mag less predictable.

That’s my fear as well. I wonder if you could pull the plate off and add more of a grease than a lube, but that seems like a lot of effort for something that, in the grand scheme of things, is pretty unimportant.

Back
Top Bottom