• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig P365 wait for it.... XL?

Wasn’t the whole selling point of the p365 that it was small and you could carry it 365 days a year? What’s the point of a bigger one? Why not go with something of comparable size to the 365xl that has a proven track record?

If you want something larger the options are endless.

Wasn’t the whole selling point of the p365 that it was small and you could carry it 365 days a year? What’s the point of a bigger one? Why not go with something of comparable size to the 365xl that has a proven track record?

It’s the length of a G43, and the grip is the same as 365 w/ extended grip, which a lot of people use. It’ll sell well.

It’s the length of a G43, and the grip is the same as 365 w/ extended grip, which a lot of people use. It’ll sell well.

That's where is gets weird. If this new XL with 12rd flush mag is these same length of the regular with the extended 12rd mag, then the only real difference is the longer barrel/muzzle end and RMR cut specifically for Romeo. Seems very lateral of a move, and very odd considering the initial selling point of the P365 was 10rds in a subcompact form. I think I'd prefer the ability to have a flush 10rd and extended 12rd in the smaller gun over the ever-so-slight advantage of the longer barrel.

It is interesting though that Sig stuffed 12rds into 4.8" height as opposed to 10rds in 5" from 43/48x.

That's where is gets weird. If this new XL with 12rd flush mag is these same length of the regular with the extended 12rd mag, then the only real difference is the longer barrel/muzzle end and RMR cut specifically for Romeo. Seems very lateral of a move, and very odd considering the initial selling point of the P365 was 10rds in a subcompact form. I think I'd prefer the ability to have a flush 10rd and extended 12rd in the smaller gun over the ever-so-slight advantage of the longer barrel.

It is interesting though that Sig stuffed 12rds into 4.8" height as opposed to 10rds in 5" from 43/48x.

Having a flush mag instead of extended means when you reload you can retain your normal grip. That's definitely an advantage. I'm glad manufacturers are offering these variants, cause guns are definitely not one size fits all.

Yes, the 365 was designed around the mag, unlike the 43x which was sort of a band-aid solution.

I don’t claim to know the markets for handguns, sig is a successful company and I don’t doubt they will sell well, I just don’t see a need for it but innovation is rarely a bad thing.

Having a flush mag instead of extended means when you reload you can retain your normal grip. That's definitely an advantage. I'm glad manufacturers are offering these variants, cause guns are definitely not one size fits all.

Yes, the 365 was designed around the mag, unlike the 43x which was sort of a band-aid solution.

I'll definitely agree about the grip. That was one thing I pointed out with my P365 early on how the mags would hit my fat palms on release. However, if the initial point was 10rds of subcomptact concealability, then I'll accept a partial grip release when using extended mags or pinky mags as the trade off. Not saying this XL doesn't have a place, but just an odd marketing decision to carry on the p365 moniker.

The longer barrel makes me wonder if they're not copying Glock. But I guess it will depend if it helps the shooting. It's still slightly shorter than a Glock 43.

Two words: Jumbo. Shrimp. ;)

Yeah, Because my butt-cheek carry or my appendix carry or my ankle carry ALWAYS needs an RMR on it. ?????

It'll sell. For sure.

That and looking above at the 320-X comes with FOUR TWENTY-ONE ROUND magazines makes me cry being in this state. :(. We totally need 3-4 good USSC decisions to push back the BS in the states.

I wanted to see what this might look like "in the wild", so I took some eyeball measurements in Photoshop to make a quick comparison between this p365xl (or whatever it's called) and G19 (red). First is roughly centered. The second is muzzle to muzzle. On paper, the measurements don't sound like much, but I think it would actually make a pretty noticable difference in carrying, especially when you consider it is also narrower. This was eyeball using PS' measuring tool on some web images though, so take it with a grain of salt.

comparison.jpg

If it can reliably feed I may consider one, especially if it’s skinny. I like em skinny.

If it can reliably feed I may consider one, especially if it’s skinny. I like em skinny.

P365XL 1.1" vs 1.3" for the G19 is another stat that doesn't sound significant on paper, but would mean over a square inch of real estate between the two guns. Don't know the full grip size comparison for CU Inches, but that's still significant. You'd definitely notice that when carrying.

P365 has been great after first 100rd break in. Had two failures to return to battery very early on, but at about 500-600 rounds now, it just goes bang every time. If this newer guns shares any of the hardware or geometry, then I would figure it to be a good gun (provided they figured out how to temper the firing pins).

It's a logical move for SIG, considering the sales success of the G43X and G48. A better grip for bigger hands than the original, with the same thin-profile comfort for IWB carry. It may not be pocketable like the original 365, but it beats the Glocks on capacity for the same overall size.

It's a logical move for SIG, considering the sales success of the G43X and G48. A better grip for bigger hands than the original, with the same thin-profile comfort for IWB carry. It may not be pocketable like the original 365, but it beats the Glocks on capacity for the same overall size.

Are they really popular??? I didn't know that. I'm trying to figure out why someone wants either one. Maybe it's that "new shiny thing" syndrome. 45GAP was all the rage for about a year or so. Although no one else really dove into that market.

Are they really popular??? I didn't know that. I'm trying to figure out why someone wants either one. Maybe it's that "new shiny thing" syndrome. 45GAP was all the rage for about a year or so. Although no one else really dove into that market.

Those new Glocks have certainly got a sh*t ton of press, but I think it is a bit early to tell if they are winners as far as sales go. They just dropped in late January, if I'm not mistaken. Initial sales will be a mix of hype, curiosity, and impulse. Sales after the 6 month period will really tell if these pistols have staying power. I'm still a little shocked that Glock didn't make the new 10rd mags backwards compatible, which would at least ease the growing pains of buying this new platform for prior 43 owners.

Back on this P365XL--looking at that frame, I wonder if Sig will be smart like Glock and allow you to put a regular p365 slide on it (not that MA folks will be able to use the 12 rd mags though). It looks like it would work, but not sure how the internals line up.

I had a feeling Sig would do this even before the rumors started. They did the same thing with the 320. Put out a decent pistol then a few years later put out an improved version of it. Seems to be their new MO.

Though in this case I'm partial to the original p365 micro compact size. The 12 round mag fits my average size hands great and it shoots better than many of my full size 9mms even with the 10 round mags. I think this is all about dropping the hammer on the G43x and G48 market. Hopefully they dont screw up the initial roll out with poor product testing/QC again. Treating initial customers like beta testers is not a recipe for success.

I want to try the regular 365 first because I don’t get the benefit of the additional rounds because I’m in Mauraland. This shit here really needs to end.

Back
Top Bottom