Sig P322

After owning a Sig Mosquito and a Sig .22 conversion kit, I'll wait before I invest in another Sig .22. I have already seen several reviews, but as far as I'm concerned, the best review of all is time. We'll see in six months if this is just another Mosquito or something new and improved.
So much hate for a new gun. Relax Francis, it will take at least six months before there is a Mass neutered version.

Is it just me or is anyone else concerned about the thought of interchangeable triggers. I mean to the extent that it appears to be just a clip on trigger?

Absolutely, not something I would want to see on anything I'm going to be carrying. Not to say the p322 would be something I carry, but I wouldn't want to have that feature migrate to any other models.

Just seems like an obvious, first point of failure in a SHTF situation.

Is it just me or is anyone else concerned about the thought of interchangeable triggers. I mean to the extent that it appears to be just a clip on trigger?

Absolutely, not something I would want to see on anything I'm going to be carrying. Not to say the p322 would be something I carry, but I wouldn't want to have that feature migrate to any other models.

Just seems like an obvious, first point of failure in a SHTF situation.

Sig engineers probably had a good laugh at your post this AM

After owning a Sig Mosquito and a Sig .22 conversion kit, I'll wait before I invest in another Sig .22. I have already seen several reviews, but as far as I'm concerned, the best review of all is time. We'll see in six months if this is just another Mosquito or something new and improved.

I agree the 22 conversion kit for my p226 didn’t impress me back in the day. The mosquito is named appropriately because it’s annoying to deal with.

Just stopped by Sig to see if they had any yet and stroke of luck they are having a try before you buy event. Was able to put a couple of mags through 2 configs. 1 with a Romeo zero, suppressed and flat trigger. The other with curved trigger and stock sights, no suppressor. Both felt great and no jams with subsonic and std ammo. I would have probably bought it today but the line was long and I needed to get going. Will pick one up.

Just stopped by Sig to see if they had any yet and stroke of luck they are having a try before you buy event. Was able to put a couple of mags through 2 configs. 1 with a Romeo zero, suppressed and flat trigger. The other with curved trigger and stock sights, no suppressor. Both felt great and no jams with subsonic and std ammo. I would have probably bought it today but the line was long and I needed to get going. Will pick one up.
Nice! Any thoughts on it compared to the TX22? Trigger decent? I read that the P322 trigger is comparable to the TX22.
But the P322 has way better sights than the TX22 and if they really sell them for $400ish, that will definitely give the TX22 a run for their money.

Nice! Any thoughts on it compared to the TX22? Trigger decent? I read that the P322 trigger is comparable to the TX22.
But the P322 has way better sights than the TX22 and if they really sell them for $400ish, that will definitely give the TX22 a run for their money.
Yeah it felt a lot like the Taurus with nicer sights tbh. Nice audible reset. No issue with 3-4” groups with either at what I’d guess was about 20ft. The price was just over $400, maybe $420? I forget, but $359 with the class discount. There was a lot of buzz and seemed to be selling. Bonus, I already have the Sig srd22x suppressor.

But it looks like a 365 XL type frame. So it’s going to be smaller than the TX22. More like the Ruger SR22. Meh 😒

Actually I saw some video Lena Miculek had up... there is no way that thing is as scrawny as an SR22. It's easily close to a TX22 or a G44. It is "normal".

If it's as reliable as my S&W .22 revolvers, I see one in my future when I move to Maine next month. :p

Actually I saw some video Lena Miculek had up... there is no way that thing is as scrawny as an SR22. It's easily close to a TX22 or a G44. It is "normal".
Agreed. I shared a video from phil strader in post 14 and mentioned it’s not dwarfed in his hands so it’s def not super small

All of the reviews and videos say it is very reliable. One guy says they put 2000 rounds through it with only ammo failures.

Can't wait. Good sights, decent trigger, reliable, dry fire capable. I predict it will be the best selling 22 of 2023.
Oh great, I don’t even have my TX22 SCR yet, and now I’m going to “need” a pair of these Sigs. Although I will wait to see if it runs reliably with a decent size red dot.

Is this intended to be a trainer for the 365? Like the glock 44 to the 19, or the M&P 22 compact to the Shield, interested in seeing a side by side of the two. looks to me to be about the same size

Is this intended to be a trainer for the 365? Like the glock 44 to the 19, or the M&P 22 compact to the Shield, interested in seeing a side by side of the two. looks to me to be about the same size
you cannot train on .22lr for 9mm. it may even have an opposite effect as it will mess up your recoil handling and grip.
.22lr is very good to train your steadiness, one hand shooting, slow shooting, but, it is not nearly same nor helpful of being able to do accurate fast double taps from your EDC gun.

therefore if you going to shell out for a .22lr dedicated pistol - i would pick up something that is truly a competition grade and shoots very accurately. you may find it to be a lot of fun practicing it.

what i personally think to get this summer is this:

Last edited:
Ergos are different. Sig themselves said it isn't a P365 or P320, but an entirely new animal for grip and trigger design. Looks larger than a P365XL, but possibly skinnier than a P320. Doesn't have a modular FCG, but that makes sense considering the fixed barrel. I think they were just trying to go for a solid .22lr offering.

What's interesting to me is that it seems like Sig is using a full metal slide and even have an optics ready model, adding more mass. Makes me wonder if Glock's hybrid slide material logic was anything other than marketing BS.

you cannot train on .22lr for 9mm. it may even have an opposite effect as it will mess up your recoil handling and grip.
.22lr is very good to train your steadiness, one hand shooting, slow shooting, but, it is not nearly same nor helpful of being able to do accurate fast double taps from your EDC gun.

I would slightly counter this by saying dry firing has actually helped me a lot with smoothing out my trigger pull, and there's no recoil at all there.

I would slightly counter this by saying dry firing has actually helped me a lot with smoothing out my trigger pull, and there's no recoil at all there.
dry firing - for sure, as you build up a skill to draw into a target.
.22lr bullseye i did a lot as a kid - the one hand grip and trigger work is nothing like what you do in a tactical shooting with 9mm or .45.
anyway, it is difficult to say as it all depends upon who you talk to and the initial experience of the person, if it is a situation with a literally first gun ever - then for sure, any no recoil shooting will help to build up something that does not exist yet.

for me if i shoot my glock conversion kit enough - like a couple of months with nothing else - it messes me up. proper grip and trigger work on 9mm are gone.

dry firing - for sure, as you build up a skill to draw into a target.
.22lr bullseye i did a lot as a kid - the one hand grip and trigger work is nothing like what you do in a tactical shooting with 9mm or .45.
anyway, it is difficult to say as it all depends upon who you talk to and the initial experience of the person, if it is a situation with a literally first gun ever - then for sure, any no recoil shooting will help to build up something that does not exist yet.

for me if i shoot my glock conversion kit enough - like a couple of months with nothing else - it messes me up. proper grip and trigger work on 9mm are gone.

That I agree with, but still, I do get some translatable benefit from shooting anything when it comes to developing good fundamentals with trigger pull without jerking the muzzle.

Back
Top Bottom