• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SIG P220

An thought on a Sig P220, How if at all will it compair to the M&P 45 of which I have two and love, Any thoughts ??? looking to pick up somthing different. Thanks

Well, it will most likely be a .45, otherwise it will be totally different.

DA/SA trigger, unless you get a DAK conversion done. Frame is a bit heavier. Are you looking new, with a rail, ergo grips, or a used old school folded slide?

I have a P220 and it's more accurate than my Colt 1911 but a little harder to conceal. I've only shot one M&P .45. It had a great trigger job and was easy to shoot and very accurate. I have .45s from Colt,Sig,Glock,Kahr and Auto Ordnance. What will be the primary use of your new pistol?

I just bought a p220 last weekend. I love the gun and it's easier to conceal than my g21.
Great accuracy (i actually got 4/10 shots on paper at 100 yards)
i like my sig and i would choose it over the smithy (and i have owned an m&p 40c)

I've shot the M&P with the trigger job and liked it however, I've never been a S&W auto fan and I've had a lot of them but the M&P does fit nicley in my hand. That being said the P220 is a great gun for a large frame auto. Very well made and very accurate. Ask someone if you can shoot thiers before you lay out that kind of dough.

Love the Sig 220. And shooting a striker fired pistol is just different from a hammer fired. Different trigger feel altogether.

I was interested in one a while back, but already had a commander 1911, and decided if I wanted an other single stack .45 I may as well stick with a common magazine. So I built a full size railed 1911.

Then I picked up a G21 that I like a lot.

But, then there was this guy that was telling me about a 10mm P220, and I became interested all over again. [wink]

I have both a new one with the rail and an older one with the folded slide and no rail, I like them both but If I could only keep one it would be the older one (89 vintage). I really, really don't like the stupid rail but it seems like you can't get a new 220 without it now.

Back
Top Bottom