sig mosquito/ammo question

i recently picked up a sig mosquito 22.guy at the shop told me i should only use the ammo that the gun was factory tested with.a certain type of 22lr. has anyone heard of this and if so what do you think?i am new to this and am looking for any info thanks

The most reliable in a Mosquito is CCI MiniMag - but once the pistol is broken in, it will run on others. Maybe not at 100% reliability, but good enough. Mine loves Minimags, and likes Federal bulk from Walmart.

If you do a search for 'Mosquito' in the Firearms section, there are quite a few threads on ammo & reliability.

Put in the light spring and get Federal AutoMatch after you've broken it in with CCI MiniMags. The AutoMatch are half the price of the minimags, but not as cheap as bulk pack.

Mine runs AutoMatch all day every day. I am going to buff up the feed ramp though to try and get bulk packs to work. Squished had some good reports of getting bulks to work after some polishing.

i recently picked up a sig mosquito 22.guy at the shop told me i should only use the ammo that the gun was factory tested with.a certain type of 22lr. has anyone heard of this and if so what do you think?i am new to this and am looking for any info thanks

take the gun out to the range (besure to clean it first).

try thunderbolts (cheap)
try mini mags (not as cheap, but still .22lrs)
try the CCI stingers (again, not as cheap, but not bad)

realize you bought a gun that won't cycle a full mag without at least 3 jams.

empty firearm, check chamber,

throw gun on ground and kick it.

realize that although little, the gun still hurts when you kick it

get madder and pick gun up and throw it as far in the woods as you can.

realize the gun is registered to you and spend 3 hours looking for gun.

look up after first hour and realize it has started to pour rain.

find gun in mud puddle and retrive it.

slip in puddle and get self covered in mud dropping gun of course.

go home.

clean mud from car

clean mud from self

clean gun.

realize it is a pain in the ass to put back together.

loose hammer spring

spend 1 hour looking for hammer spring

put gun on classifieds sections as LNIB, less then 50 rounds down the pipe, need to fund a new project [smile]

Never used the mosquito.

I do however own a 21A, Everyone I know told me they jam constantly..

I cleaned it up nice, made sure there was no rough spots in the action of the slide and use tons of CCI ammo.

Never had a single FTF.

A very fun and reliable little gun. I presume the SIG is somewhat similar.

I have a Mosquito and I haven't had many problems. I broke it in with CCI, but I shoot ghetto thunderbolt now and it is fine. It is prone to jams, but I'd say 1 out of 20.... not 3/10 as some suggest.

Mine runs flawlessly on Minimags. Runs about 98% on Federal Bulk, Thunderbolt (never use it anymore) and Golden Bullets.

I have very few problems with federal bulk packs from walmart... I have about the same number of issues that I have with any other .22. I've found that most people that really have a problem with the mosquito are usually the ones who bought very early on (before they fixed the problems) or people who haven't really used it.

Cheaper ammo spay it with one shot lube
CCI should be flawless or just about

My first gun was a .22 Sig Sauer Mosquito...every firearm shoots differently but I found that the Federal Brand (value pack) works wonderfully.

thanks again , guess i will buy a few different rounds and see what works for me. probably start with the cci

My first Mosquito (bought for the wife), was a total POS, Jammo-matic. Went from the store, to me, to the range, then back to the store. Was shipped to Sig for 4+months, and came back as a replacement bitone (whole new gun).

New gun operates fine. I only use CCI mini-mag FMJ.

I do have about 1000 rounds of CCI-mini mag HP. - Anyone use the HP's? I haven't ran them thru the gun yet. Wondering about that.

P.S. - STAY AWAY from any used Sig Mosquitos....they are most likely going to be jammo-matics.

Mine will run MiniMag hollowpoints without any problems - I don't think I've ever fired the regular round nose ones in my Mosquito.

I have done a little polishing of the feed ramp, but it was running fine before that. I just happened to have it apart for cleaning with the Dremel & felt bob already on the bench.

Mine will run MiniMag hollowpoints without any problems - I don't think I've ever fired the regular round nose ones in my Mosquito.

I have done a little polishing of the feed ramp, but it was running fine before that. I just happened to have it apart for cleaning with the Dremel & felt bob already on the bench.

I fired the round points no problem, still use the heavy spring, have about 8000 rounds through it, the only jams I run into now are from the Midway mags that I bought, still trying to figure that out.

Sig mosquito was my first pistol aswell. The mini mags will shoot with no problems. once you put a few hundred rounds of mini mags the federal should work. depending on your gun. The stingers don't work well in mine at all but again i haven't tried in a while. good luck and remember. the best is cci mini mags.

Back
Top Bottom