Sig mag pre ban question

Thankfully I dont live in MA so its not a direct concern for me but I am considering selling two 13 round sig 228/229 mags. How can I tell if they are preban or not? Is there any easy way to identify them like with the glock mags?
Thanks folks!

NoOne1 said:
Thankfully I dont live in MA so its not a direct concern for me but I am considering selling two 13 round sig 228/229 mags. How can I tell if they are preban or not? Is there any easy way to identify them like with the glock mags?
Thanks folks!

First off, do they have the restricted logo on them? I would assume not because of your question but that is the starting point.

What kind of finish do they have? A parkerized-like finish or are they smooth and shiney?

Finally, how much do you want for them?

Either check the Sig forum or call Sig and ask them for info on this. That is the best bet.

And Glock mags are not that simple to detect pre-ban from "no ban" either, as we are finding out.

Edited for clarity and spelling.

First off, Thank you Lynne for moving the topic into the correct section.
They have a parkerize type of finish. Three are marked Sig Sauer in original plastic mags "made in germany" and another is marked Sig Sauer 229.

I already searched through sigforum but found nothing that I could use to confirm or deny.

They have a parkerize type of finish. Three are marked Sig Sauer in original plastic mags "made in germany" and another is marked Sig Sauer 229.

Based on what you describe I am pretty sure that these are pre-ban magazines and are legal in Massachusetts. But I would want to look at them to be sure.

Since I have some coming from another source I'll let JackO have first chance at them.

I have a couple of early P229 mags that are marked
Sig Sauer
P229

also have some P229 mags that are marked
Sig Sauer
P229
these have a date stamped on the floorplate of 9/94.

All are parkerized.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom