sig hot deal

johnN

NES Member
i just got a e-mail back from sig on the status of my hot deal offer.
now, i got my lic here in mass on 12-30 same day i left work early to buy my new p220 at 6.00pm i left my dealer. the next day i went to the post office and sent the deal info out priority mail. did not get to sig until the 2nd.
e-mail from sig told me i did not apply because they need to recive the paper work on the 31st. any one else get this kind of bs from them.

John,

Here is the text of their hot deal offer:

"THIS DEAL IS HOT!

From now through December 31, 2008, get FREE SIG SAUER accessories worth more than $200.00 when you purchase any SIG SAUER Classic* or 1911 pistol.

Simply send your sales receipt and a copy of your 4473 along with your name, address, email and phone number and we will send you a SIG SAUER Tactical Light, SIG SAUER Dual Retention Holster, SIG SAUER double magazine pouch and an extra magazine.

Hurry, offer good through December 31st 2008 or while supplies last.

Remit to:
SIG SAUER, INC.
18 Industrial Drive
Exeter, NH 03833
Attn: HOT DEAL

*Classic pistol includes any: P220, P226, P229, P239. Click here to visit our website."

They say the offer is good through December 31st 2008. One could reasonable conclude from this that you could buy a weapon through that date, which means there is no way in hell your paperwork could arrive on time. FYI their offer does not include any "must mail by" info either.

This is bullshit on their part, and worth fighting IMHO. FYI I am in the same boat.

Let us know how you make out.

Rich

that is how the reply e-mail went back with the deal info in the e-mail. my opinion is the same as yous and i expressed that in this reply also.

IANAL but deal with them as a longtime business owner fairly regularly. Sig had an opportunity to state the terms that the rebate request must arrive by December 31st, but failed to do so. I think a reasonable person reading that would agree that it could be interpreted to mean by a gun through December 31st and get free accessories. That is how I read it.

In cases where an offer or contract is disputed or ambiguous, the language is generally held against the party that wrote the contract. Sig certainly had an opportunity to write in those terms, and did not do so. IMHO they are wrong.

Rich

anyone else get screwed by sig? i am going to talk with my dealer today and see if they are willing to get a hold of there sig rep and see if they can help us. i will keep every one notified, thanks.

If you receive any more static from them you might want to let them know that there are a lot of people that are aware of this and watching to see the outcome. I always thought that Sig was a very customer focused company, they shouldn't want to leave us feeling that they are willing to screw someone like that.

From now through December 31, 2008, get FREE SIG SAUER accessories worth more than $200.00 when you purchase any SIG SAUER Classic* or 1911 pistol.

This clearly states that the purchase needs occur prior to the end of the day on 12/31/2008 and not the paperwork submission.

Also you might want to see if anyone over at Sigforum is having the same problem.

There is a thread on this Hot Deal here, but I see no complaints of anyone being turned down. Although from the looks of it there will be due to people looking for copies of the blank forms.

I got screwed, I received everything but the magazine and the magazine was the only thing I wanted. Although the flashlight is pretty badass I must add.

They would have to state that all rebates must be received on or before 12/31/2008 to qualify which they clearly did not. I would call them up and state that you are willing to call the AG's office in NH and file a complaint or even the BBB. Or, you can call the sales manager Bill Silver at Sig and see what he has to say.

Have you contacted them back yet? Perhaps the e-mail was simply an error and not a dick move on their part... (IE, they looked at when it was mailed/received vs. when you made the purchase).

squished,

sig has been sending the items in separate shipments, so the mag is most likely on the way if you already received the other items.

Also the offer has the caveat of while supplies last, so that may be SIGs reply to a follow up email. Hopefully not, I agree they should honor a purchase prior to 12-31-08. I would call SIG & speak to a real person, some times people have no idea how crappy an email can come across.

Good luck

yea I'm wondering if the "backorder" falls under "while supplies last" meaning I won't ever be seeing that mag....

Anyway, i got four more Sig 239 mags today, so now I have 6. One more would be nice.

To my untrained mind this seems like a deceptive business practice. Massachusetts has statutes that help protect the consumer in these matters... it is called 93A. Under this statute you can sue for triple damages and attorney's fees. I used it once and it definitely got the attention of the negligent retailer.

Best,

Rich

Massachusetts Consumer Protection Act

Massachusetts, like many other states, has a statute that specifically enables the Attorney General and consumers to take legal action against unfair or deceptive conduct in the marketplace. The statute, Massachusetts General Law Chapter 93A, is referred to as the Consumer Protection Act. The law provides for actions by the Attorney General or by individuals.

The Attorney General can investigate and take action against businesses that engage in unfair or deceptive conduct, and prosecute a consumer protection case in the public interest. Because the Attorney General does not have the resources to prosecute every consumer protection violation, the law also provides for private lawsuits.

Demand Letter

In order to bring any Chapter 93A action, a consumer must begin by sending the business a Chapter 93A "demand letter," to which the business has 30 days to respond. This demand letter is not required if a consumer is making a counterclaim in a lawsuit filed by the business against the consumer, or if the business does not maintain a place of business or keep assets in Massachusetts.

The purpose of the demand letter is threefold. First, it puts a business on notice of a consumer's claim, and provides information about the nature of the claim. Second, it may encourage the business to negotiate, to settle the matter without the necessity of going to court. Finally, it acts as a control on the amount of money damages that the consumer may ultimately recover if the claim is proven in court.

The demand letter must:

* Be sent at least 30 days prior to the filing of any court action. It is a good idea to send two copies of the letter to the party you are claiming against, one by certified or registered mail, so that you have a record it was sent, and one by regular mail, in case the business refuses the certified or registered mail. Remember to keep a copy of the letter you send, and keep the receipts and forms you get from the post office if you send the letter by certified or registered mail. These will be helpful if you do need to file in court.
* Identify the claimant (you). You can do this by including your full name and residential address on the letter.
* Reasonably describe the unfair or deceptive act or practice at issue. You can do this by providing a brief factual account of what happened, including dates upon which events occurred. You may, but need not, refer to particular laws you believe were violated when describing the unfair or deceptive acts or practices.
* Identify the injury suffered. You can do this by describing the money or property lost as a result of the unfair act. You will want to find out what it will cost to remedy the unfair or deceptive act or practice, too, to help the court determine your actual damages.

Back
Top Bottom