• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Happen to see this deal on GB

$14.00 is this on the up ?
Given that they're normal 50 bucks or less probably not a stretch for something in a color not common. Probably a good buy for someone trying to do grip hacking/customization etc. That's literally the only thing i like about that platform, you can perform faggotry on the grip without ruining the value of the gun by just getting another cheap grip frame.

Didn't they used to have a plant in Herndon VA? Is it still running? Probably a guy who works for them and swipes stuff that doesn't pass QA to sell on GB. Sterling (where GB seller is located) is only 6 miles from Herndon.

Didn't they used to have a plant in Herndon VA? Is it still running? Probably a guy who works for them and swipes stuff that doesn't pass QA to sell on GB. Sterling (where GB seller is located) is only 6 miles from Herndon.
Don't think so. Maybe 100 yrs ago. Although, because that's not a regulated part it could be molded anywhere.

Don't think so. Maybe 100 yrs ago. Although, because that's not a regulated part it could be molded anywhere.

I went back to their website, they were there in Tyson's Corner VA in 85, then Herndon, VA in 87. Exeter NH in 90. But I don't know if they moved ALL production. Kind of like how S&W still has Revolver / pistol production in Springfield, and long guns down to Tennessee

It could be molded anywhere, yes, but that would not make it an official Sig Sauer grip, which it is trying to pass itself off as.
Thought I'd pass it along here for you 320 guys. I hope it is okay to do.

By any chance do you recall how many were left for sale when you first saw it?

I went back to their website, they were there in Tyson's Corner VA in 85, then Herndon, VA in 87. Exeter NH in 90. But I don't know if they moved ALL production. Kind of like how S&W still has Revolver / pistol production in Springfield, and long guns down to Tennessee
Well, yeah, because back then it wasn't nearly the same company, outside of the name. They literally didn't manufacture anything fully in the US back then. Those are import marks vs factories. I think they started making slides and then later frames in the US, in the 2000s.

It could be molded anywhere, yes, but that would not make it an official Sig Sauer grip, which it is trying to pass itself off as.

By any chance do you recall how many were left for sale when you first saw it?
There was 12 when I saw it. I'll let you know one way or another. I took a shot for $15.92 OTD

$14.00 is this on the up ?
Absolutely! Got mine in the mail yesterday. Genuine SIG, plain plastic bag. Typical light marks where the take down lever goes, I'd say they're take offs.
Oh, just checked, the price went up to $19.95

Back
Top Bottom