SIG 522 .22LR, is it Mass. Compliant ?

The SIG SR22 .22LR carbine. Anyone know if its available to Mass. residents? Anyone ? Thanks.[thinking]

I don't have your answer - but I do have a Sig in my hand.
1. Flash hider
2. Colapsible & side folding stock
3. Detachable Magazine
4. Pistol grip
I think you're SOL - But if not - I'll have a pile at the Manchester Show for $450.00 ea.

Four Seasons did have a few of the MA Compliant ones. Maybe try giving them a call to see if they still do. Also First Defense said they will be getting them in but doesn't know when.

Yes. The SR-22SC is the compliant model.

Thanks for the quick responses guys. Just one more Q before reaching-out to Four Seasons. Am I right in assuming the Mass. compliant model has the neutered barrel (no muzzle device) and ships with 10 round Mags ? Thanks again!

If they're Mass Compliant and ship with a 10-rounder, does that mean they're FID legal? Or does the fact that they ship elsewhere with high-caps mean I'm SOL?

If they're Mass Compliant and ship with a 10-rounder, does that mean they're FID legal? Or does the fact that they ship elsewhere with high-caps mean I'm SOL?

I could be wrong, but I think even the "free state" versions have a 10 round magazine, so the MA compliant version should be legal with a FID. Or, you could just build your own...

https://www.gunkings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=501

ETA: Ruger's website lists the capacity of both models as 10 rounds

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr22/models.html

Last edited:
Are we talking about the Sig 522 or the Ruger SR-22?

My apologies folks, I failed to properly title this thread when I started it. I meant to say, "Is the Sig Sauer 522 .22LR Mass. compliant"? Although stated in the original title, I matched the wrong model with the manufacturer. Anyway if anyone reads this, is it?

Last edited:
My apologies folks, I failed to properly title this thread when I started it. I meant to say, "Is the Sig Sauer 522 .22LR Mass. compliant"? Although stated in the original title, I matched the wrong model with the manufacturer. Anyway if anyone reads this, is it?

No. The 522 is NOT MA compliant. It has a folding stock, pistol grip, flash hider, and 22 round mags. It's about as non-compliant as a rifle can possibly be out of the box.

Back
Top Bottom