Sig 226 frame

That's not really far off though... since the frame is considered to be the firearm, the only way to get one would be off another gun. They don't make aftermarket frames, and I don't think Sig sells frames alone.

That's not really far off though... since the frame is considered to be the firearm, the only way to get one would be off another gun. They don't make aftermarket frames, and I don't think Sig sells frames alone.

+1 At the same time though, give Sig a call...What's the worst they can say?..."I'm sorry, we won't sell you JUST a frame." It's not like you'll be expecting great news, but you never know until you try.

I got one pm already and hope that works out. With such a large amount of people visiting this forum you never know what will turn up.

I got one of those police trade in's last week at FS. Put I want to custom build a 266 and have a lot of parts to start.

I believe there is a company that sells aftermarket Sig frames in both aluminum and stainless steel.

IIRC the website THE HIGH ROAD covered this very recently under "80% frames"and gave the name of the company KT foundries or forging I don't remember which, but the frames are not completely machined YOU have to complete them and the company MAY be in hot water with BATFE for selling the frames directly to the public rather than an FFL.
Since the frames are not completely machined the are not a "firearm" at least thoereticly

Just went to THR website the name of the company is KT Ordinance.
If you go to THR just type in "80% frames" in their advanced search and you wil get the details

Wow! He has 1911 frames for 35 dollars! I should buy several for the future! If I recall correctly he is in hot water for helping people machine the final rails in his shop, not for selling the frames. And his finisher kit is insanely cheap! I don't know how he can do this without selling at a loss... I thought all you had to add were the rails, it looks like he is selling alot of drill bits and other things I would think aren't necessary if the slidestop hole, grip bushing holes etc. were already machined.

Last edited:
Wow! He has 1911 frames for 35 dollars! I should buy several for the future! If I recall correctly he is in hot water for helping people machine the final rails in his shop, not for selling the frames. And his finisher kit is insanely cheap! I don't know how he can do this without selling at a loss... I thought all you had to add were the rails, it looks like he is selling alot of drill bits and other things I would think aren't necessary if the slidestop hole, grip bushing holes etc. were already machined.

Ummm... that $35 "AD", or "American eagle dollors" (see: http://goldcentral.com/qry/storefro...3FDFF1D9&_nc=b397f3d9ac2eb1ba19a1dba174ade6de)

$300 in those flimsy green things you carry in your wallet.

Back
Top Bottom