• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shotspotters in Manchester NH

MaverickNH

NES Member
No, not spotters for sniper teams, the electronics that detect gunshots.

”Thursday at 1:30 a.m. there was a ShotSpotter activation on Merrimack Street that detected and pinpointed the location of gunfire. Several Manchester police officers set up a perimeter in the area and deployed a K-9. Several shell casings were ultimately found on the ground behind a Merrimack Street residence, no one was injured in the incident.
Manchester police detectives were able to identify a 15-year-old male and charge him with reckless conduct and falsifying evidence.”

I guess MHT started their Shotspotter trial this year Manchester police use ShotSpotter system to detect gunfire in city

At 300k, that could have paid for a few LEOs on the streets…

for 1.5 years at most.
Presumably the federal grant was writtten to preclude spending the money on anything that might go against the "defund" narrative.
MPD said:
The system has been installed as part of a two-year pilot program with a price tag of just under $300,000. The funding is provided by federal grants. "This is an important tool for the police department, so we were pleased to partner with them and secure these funds," said U.S. Rep. Chris Pappas, D-NH. The system is currently active. After the two-year pilot program, the police department will analyze the data and decide if it's something the city should adopt full-time.
TBF, they've gotten a few arrests out of it already.

I've got a Manchester rooftop and a lot of PVC, I wonder how well it deals with the report of a potato gun?

Presumably the federal grant was writtten to preclude spending the money on anything that might go against the "defund" narrative.

TBF, they've gotten a few arrests out of it already.

I've got a Manchester rooftop and a lot of PVC, I wonder how well it deals with the report of a potato gun?
some kids around here used soda bottles and dry ice, it gets your attention....

Back
Top Bottom