Shotgun News

Anybody actually have a subscription to this? I bought a subscription a year ago for 3 issues monthly. That many issues is overkill. Ads are rarely changed and contain articles that do not interest me. Should've bought a few newsstand copies before subscribing.

So if you are thinking about subscribing, seriously consider only getting one monthly.

Back when my dad had his 01 FFL, that thing was my bible, with all due apologies to God.

It's best for 01 FFLs and we found a lot of great and rare firearms in there, such as the AR-70.

I subscribe. Even though its often the same adds, its fairly cheap and there are different articles in each issue, lots of milsurp write ups.
Good reading material for the can.[smile]

I pick one up every now and then if there is an interesting article. I wouldn't buy a subscription to a magazine that is 80-90% advertisements. It would be a great rag if they had more real content.

It's really not meant to be a magazine with lots of articles and content, back in the day there would be little more than a column, and no articles. It's more of a trade magazine for dealers that only more recently has started to put information and articles in. The ones from the 80s and 90s that I used to read all the time were 99% ads, with one column in each issue.

I, for one, would love to be able to read at least one issue. I sent them money for a years' subscription back in February, and to date, have not seen a single issue. Many phone calls later, all they keep doing is "extending" my subscription. They can't even confirm that in fact, I am being mailed a copy, yet they can tell me the exact date they received my money. I would buy it on a newsstand if I could find one that sold it.

Bill

I've tried two B & N stores. Customer service in the Braintree store says they don't carry it, and the store at Downtown Crossing didn't even know what it was. The Burlington store might have it, but I'm not about to drive 74 miles RT for a newspaper.

I've seen SGN in the Braintree B&N!! Haven't been in there recently, but they did carry it at least a while ago. I just look at the left-hand side of the mags. They have "cubby holes" with the newspapers in them.

The help in those stores usually knows their merchandise, so perhaps they aren't carrying it there any more.

Borders in Kingston carries it. I subscribed for a year and I agree it was overkill. I now buy it every so often. The milsurp related articles are quite good.

Best bet for SGN is the annual compendium issue. It contains the usual ads with the best articles from the past year. Good for a few weeks reading either on or off the can...

Back
Top Bottom