Shot my new M44

The Goose

NES Member
I finally got to take my new M44, that I got at Collector's Guns, to the range today. It was a bit nippy so I shot at the indoor range at MRA. I just wanted to get some idea of how well it shot. First let me say that this sucker is LOUD!!! indoors. Way too loud. It also kicks like a mule. I brought 100 rds, but only shot 20. I am a wimp, but I do love this little carbine.

My first 5 rds were just getting used to the little beast. They spread out randomly over about a 4" area. The next 5 rds. were a lot tighter, but slightly low and to the right. The final 10 rds were in the middle about 1" high of center, but all 10 were touching and made about a 1.5" hole. I call that pretty good for a military rifle made in 1945 with iron sights and a bear of a trigger. I know this will open up at 50 and 100 yards, but it still seems pretty accurate.

M-44 are fun ain't they ? I found out you can't bring one to the range if you don't like meeting people. The blast, concussion and fireball really grab peoples attention... then they look and see the bayonet stickin' out... [shocked] [smile]

I finally got to take my new M44, that I got at Collector's Guns, to the range today. It was a bit nippy so I shot at the indoor range at MRA.

Im not familliar with the range at MRA, but what is the backstop made
of ? and what is the distance you shot at ? i dont know of any indoor
range that i could shoot a 7.62/54 in, but i certainly would like to find one
especialy in this weather. Take Care S.D.

I shot my M44 at MRA yesterday. Was there from about 4:30 to 6:30pm.

The "blastwave" of the 7.62x54r kicks up a whirlwind of dirt and paper fragments that garners a bit of attention too. Not to mention vibrates the plexiglass in the observation room. [smile]

The backstop is pretty beefy there. It's about 10 feet deep of ballistic rubber and dirt. They allow you to shoot anything there but blackpowder and armor piercing/incendiary rounds (No .50BMG either). There was a gent with his 30.06 two lanes to the left of me. The range is about 25 yards total in length.

Its also a great rifle to open up a shooting session with. Thats why I used mine for my first rifle at the pumpkin shoot. [smile] I still remember the hush after the first BOOM!

Shot my M44

Boy that Backstop sounds great!!! we are trying to move our Club house
and build a new 12Pt in door 25yd range and that is the Backstop that we need for sure, thanks for the info. Sheriff Dudley aka AL

The strong following of Mosin Nagants, coupled with how inexpensive they are, you'll find a lot of people who know and love mosin nagant when you shoot yours.

And being an M44 you'll make the rest of your friends by people just impessed by that pretty muzzle-flash! [devil]

Also that recoil is DAMN good for teaching good form, as if you don't have a good stance and form, she'll tell you!

Love my M44!

Arrrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Back
Top Bottom