• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooting/Training and Gun Videos, post them here.

I saw that one on their YT. I should have tried it today. Looks really fun! Nice run at it Andy!

I spent about 30 minutes of my range day today focusing on the FAST Drill. I really like all the mechanics that it works.

7 yards.
2 Rounds to index card from concealment.
Slide Lock Reload from concealment
4 rounds to 8" circle.

I still haven't gotten sub 5, but this was my 5.27 run. I'm averaging about 5.5 lately.

I like the FAST a lot.

The past few months, I've been doing this test "cold and on demand." Basically, right when I get to the range without any warmup. Two consecutive clean runs. I guess that was always the spirit of the test, but in the past I've usually always done it at the end of a training session.

With my normal carry gun, a 9mm P239, I'm at 6.5s clean. COncealment reload kills me. A single stack mag is very prone to error when your gun has a tiny magwell.

I'm around 5.5-6s clean with my M9A1. Magwell and double stack mag makes it so much easier to reload. Basically just toss in the mag and go.

Last edited by a moderator:
What we can get though are the bricks of bottle rocket engines that shoot like a bottle rocket machine gun and can be aimed just as easily as bottle rockets.

Oooh - that's right - I forgot about those!

missile_base_25_lg.png

I have been helping a friend with movement and how something can seem fast but is actually slower. this quick stage shows that a hard setup costs a good amount of time, but if you do a soft set up, you can move in and out of the position sooner. Basically I am not shifting weight from one foot to the other to move out of the position or when I come into a new position

I also gained a little bit on time on the start, unfortunately its not shown, but I do a step forward launch and he does the step back spring launch. I gained around 10% on this 2 stop stage, most stages will have a lot more

[video=youtube_share;DPpM14kHVPE]http://youtu.be/DPpM14kHVPE[/video]

[video=youtube_share;587ArX8-h3w]http://youtu.be/587ArX8-h3w[/video]

Last edited:
I'm just gonna leave this right here
Maybe you guys can run it at the next meat up

LOL, we talked about a modified version for when we got together in August...then I think we forgot.

there's still time!!!

i would totally do it. cheaper than a simmunitions force-on-force event.

Well then, we'll get marks Lily white ass over here and make it happen
In!

Last edited by a moderator:
In for Sims. I will see if I can get the wife to go away for an other weekend, we can assault and clear my house at midnight again.

I am dead serious about Sim kits. It's not highest on the business priority list... but I'm a Sim certified instructor, and have plenty of class material. As far as a shock knife... I've gone head to head with one. It definitely makes you re-think how badass you think you would be against someone with a knife.

@atilla definitely not safe around windows or vehicles that you like. LOL

I'm willing to seriously set something up for sims training after Xmas. I have too many other projects to get done to do anything before the end of the year.

Finally got a new battery charger for my camcorder and dragged it to the range with me. Some 2x2x2 rifle reload drill (not the VTAC drill) runs center mass on silhouette @ 25 yds. Some pretty glaring inconsistencies in there on couple runs. I need to really hone in my hand placement with some more dry work. Spent a lot of time on my pistol this summer and my rifle work shows the neglect. Best three runs of the day were 7.11, 7.03 and 6.93 seen starting around the 2min mark.

[video=youtube_share;dp4TKvwdI90]http://youtu.be/dp4TKvwdI90[/video]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom