Shooting on London Bridge, England

White House condemns London Bridge attack that left at least two dead and pledges 'full support' to Britain after armed police shoot dead knifeman wearing fake suicide vest
  • Armed police shot dead a knifeman wearing a fake suicide vest on London Bridge after he stabbed up to five people, killing two
  • 'President Trump has been briefed on this morning's attack at the London Bridge and is monitoring the situation,' a White House statement read
  • The White House has pledged 'full support to our ally, the United Kingdom,' said spokesperson Judd Deere.
  • Incident in UK capital comes two and a half years after 2017 terrorist attack on London Bridge which saw eight killed

London Bridge attacker named as Usman Khan, 28

1575092038857.png

Usman Khan profile: terrorist who wanted to bomb London Stock Exchange

Usman Khan, the suspect shot dead in the 30 November 2019 terror attack near London Bridge, had been released from jail after being convicted of terror offences, including plotting to attack the London Stock Exchange in 2010.

Khan was part of a gang of nine extremists from Stoke-on-Trent, Cardiff and London who were sentenced in February 2012 at Woolwich crown court. He had planned to establish a “terrorist military training facility” on land owned by his family in Kashmir, according to sentencing remarks.

Khan, at 19, was the youngest of the group. In his sentencing remarks Mr Justice Wilkie said Khan and two others were “more serious jihadis” than the others.

A geotag on a terrorist? "Yup, he's at a crowded tourist location now." How does that help?

Add Islamist Terrorists to the "Do Not Rehabilitate, Do Not Deport" list. They'll just come back again.

Why is this characterised as a shooting when the attack was with a knife and the only person shot was the attacker?

That's a little bit like calling a drug dealer squabble that happened around the corner from the local school, at 3am, a school shooting.

Nice to see that some people aren't willing to be sheep lined up for slaughter.
A Narwhal tusk! Give that man an extra medal for originality.

Here is a link of some of the video...my sides.

Tuckbot

Guilty of dupege, my ad blocker stopped me from seeing some of the other stuff.

My sides still hurt though.

Last edited:
A geotag on a terrorist? "Yup, he's at a crowded tourist location now." How does that help?

Add Islamist Terrorists to the "Do Not Rehabilitate, Do Not Deport" list. They'll just come back again.
I'm all for deportation, as long as the method and/or location of deportation precludes re-entry (ex. aerial insertion sans deceleration device).

Prime Minister Boris Johnson also spoke Saturday about the sentencing of people convicted of terrorism offences, saying they should not be allowed out of prison early. "I think that the practice of automatic, early release where you cut a sentence in half and let really serious, violent offenders out early simply isn't working, and you've some very good evidence of how that isn't working, I am afraid, with this case," Johnson said.

Brits are due to go to the polls again on Dec. 12.

You're a suicidal "knifeman." What makes you scared-er: the average NESer with a Glock 19, or a Polish-British guy charging at you with a five-foot narwhal tusk?

That might be a toss-up.

The London Bridge terror attack shows why really strict gun control is a very, very good idea
But Britons should count themselves lucky, in comparison to what has happened in the United States. There have been over 408 deaths in 366 mass shootings this year alone in America.*
In America, the death toll has come largely from mass shootings. In the UK, while terrorists have used guns in a small number of incidents, most of the deaths have come through other, less effective methods: Stabbings, driving vehicles into crowds, and explosives.
The obvious difference between the two countries is that Britain has strict gun control laws. Very few people own guns in the UK. And if you want to own one, the restrictions are onerous. Handguns are all but banned. Automatic weapons are completely banned. Rifles, for sport or hunting, can only be obtained after you have received permission from the police, who conduct background checks on applicants. Shooting clubs must also obtain licenses.

The Sun - "Chris Phillips, a former head of the UK National Counter Terrorism Security Office, said on Saturday: “We are playing Russian roulette with people’s lives by letting convicted, known, radicalised jihadi criminals walk about our streets."

Russian Roulette involves a revolver with one round in the cylinder. This guys was a "fully loaded" gun, as the anti-gunners would say.

Back
Top Bottom