Shooting in Baltimore with UZI

USMA-82

NES Member
Here we go again....

3 hurt in birthday shooting at Baltimore hotel
(AP) – 54 minutes ago

BALTIMORE — Gunfire broke out early Sunday morning during a birthday party at a downtown Baltimore hotel and three people were critically injured, police said.

The shooter was still at large hours later, said Baltimore police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi.

Officers were called to the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel around 3:15 a.m. after a fight erupted inside the party and someone began shooting. Shortly after police arrived, they found an Uzi submachine gun in a room where the party was held.

One person was shot in the head and another one was shot in the torso, both of them were taken to the University of Maryland Medical Center's Shock Trauma Center, Guglielmi said. The center's nursing coordinator, Henry Paje, said the two were in critical condition.

Guglielmi said a third person had "facial lacerations" and was in critical condition, but he did not know where that person was being treated.

He also did not know the identities of the three who were injured.

Officials have no information on the shooter and police were interviewing about a dozen witnesses, Guglielmi said.

A man who answered the telephone at the hotel said he could not comment on the shooting.

A semi-auto uzi is not a machine gun. I am going to assume it was not a machine gun until I hear otherwise. Reporters love to make sensational stories.

yeah I am so sick of hearing about reporters tagging names to weapons and placing them in categories they dont belong in. Machine Guns, assault weapons etc. They never get it right. They throw those terms around so loosely just to create alarm.

yeah I am so sick of hearing about reporters tagging names to weapons and placing them in categories they dont belong in. Machine Guns, assault weapons etc. They never get it right. They throw those terms around so loosely just to create alarm.

First, most reporters self identify as liberals. That tells you their bias right there. Second, they have editors who are also liberals. Third, they use "style books" which have all sorts of helpful suggestions, including definitions. Want to guess the leanings of the people who write this?

I'm guessing that, if it's actually a FA, it's probably some sort of Ingram clone with one of those illegally manufactured receivers.

I wouldn't even assume it was an Uzi, since chances are the reporter wouldn't know a Uzi from a bag of Utz potato chips.

And it probably isn't an Uzi, or even full-auto. Check out this report:

Guglielmi said Woodland pulled out a Tech-9 semiautomatic machine pistol and fired one shot, striking Johnson in the face. Then two of Johnson's friends took the gun, held Woodland down and severely beat him, police said.

More MSM ignorance masquerading as information.

Well, I mean, TEC-9 ~ MAC-10 ~ UZI, ergo TEC-9 = UZI. Or something like that.

And "semiautomatic machine pistol" ?! Maybe I'm just thinking a little too clearly at the moment, but huh?

And it probably isn't an Uzi, or even full-auto. Check out this report:

Guglielmi said Woodland pulled out a Tech-9 semiautomatic machine pistol and fired one shot, striking Johnson in the face. Then two of Johnson's friends took the gun, held Woodland down and severely beat him, police said.

More MSM ignorance masquerading as information.

I had this very conversation with some kid who was a reporter for the Boston Globe, circa 1990, when he reported on a crime committed with a "Tec-9 Semiautomatic machine pistol". I called the kid and asked him to explain how a gun could be at once a semi-automatic and a machine gun. The kid explained that the Tec-9 was "originally manufactured as a machine gun, and then modifired to fire as a semi-automatic". As a Tec-9 owner, I was intrigued. I asked the kid if the firearm in question, a "semi-automatic machine pistol", fired from the open bolt or closed bolt position. That's about where we ended the conversation.

Hey. Whatevah.

Well, I mean, TEC-9 ~ MAC-10 ~ UZI, ergo TEC-9 = UZI. Or something like that.

And "semiautomatic machine pistol" ?! Maybe I'm just thinking a little too clearly at the moment, but huh?

I thought in the newspapers, every semi - automatic was a AK 47 and no further research was necessary!!

journoguide.jpg

The worst thing about this is how the media is shaping people's minds. My wife is extremely intelligent, but thought I bought a machine gun when I brought home my Sig 556. I tried explaining that is no different from her dad's hunting rifles in it's lethality......one pull....one shot. In fact, his 30-06 is probably more lethal than this thing!

I wouldn't even assume it was an Uzi, since chances are the reporter wouldn't know a Uzi from a bag of Utz potato chips.

+1. Someone probably got punched in the face in a shopping mall for all we know.

My wife is extremely intelligent, but thought I bought a machine gun when I brought home my Sig 556.

Um ... maybe she's not as "extremely intelligent" as you think. Or maybe she is. [thinking] I find, personally, that most "extremely intelligent" people are as dumb as a post, but they can, like .... read poetry or sumthin'. Maybe they can do cipherin' or connect some nodes. Maybe they have a Masters Degree ... in nuthin'. Maybe they laugh at shit that's not funny, so we think they're smart.

I dunno. I see a lot of extreme intelligence-ness.

But common sense and wisdom ... not so much.

Back
Top Bottom