• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

shooting fever claims 2 new "victims"

Turns out that one of the guys I ride with is also a member of Braintree Rifle & Pistol so last night we each brought a guest with us to the range for some pre-Thanksgiving fun.

Kevin just got his LTC-A (restricted) about a year ago after a *wonderful* class from our own Jim Conway. (Thanks again Jim; I had a great time sitting in that day!) Though he has long guns, Kevin decided that with our new president-elect he should get something smaller and he recently secured a G17.

Dave hasn't had a firearm of any kind in his hands since he was in the Navy 20+ years ago.

Usually Kevin is content to fire 5-10 rounds and call it a day regardless of what he's shooting. Last night he actually asked to try two of the other guns we had with us and shot closer to 50 rounds. On the way home he said, "I really need to shoot more, gotta work on that accuracy thing."

Dave tried 3 of the guns we had with us and was jumping around like a little kid in a candy store. He had so much fun and must have said no fewer than 4 times, "Next time you come let me know!!"

Sooner or later, most of us fall victim to shooting fever. [grin]

Usually Kevin is content to fire 5-10 rounds and call it a day regardless of what he's shooting. Last night he actually asked to try two of the other guns we had with us and shot closer to 50 rounds.

The first sign of shooting fever is swelling of the ammo budget...

Sounds like fun!

Back
Top Bottom