• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooter's Warehouse closed down

Yah, right around the corner from my house. We have felt for awhile now that they were not going to make it.

Now, I don't know if this was the case or not but I heard that Four Seasons in Woburn knows and advised the owners of Tewksbury Shooters Warehouse when they were getting up and running???

Anyway, I wouldn't be unhappy if Carl took over TSW and opened Four Seasons II........likely wishful thinking on my part though.

It's pretty obvious why they folded. I didn't know they existed until I opened this thread.

Having been there a few times and purchasing a used Sig from them, I got the impression that they were lacking in both inventory and customer service.

I always felt like I was intruding on a private party, people in the back talking and carrying on..seemed weird.

i was in there twice in the last couple weeks looking for mounts for a scope. no one mentioned any closing so this is a shock. yeah, they were nice people and the store was beautiful as far as gun shops go, but hardly any stock. but now that i think about it, less guns in the showcase than usual. too bad anyway, wish them well.

Cassandra the main person who runs the counter is super nice . We became friends from me stoping in there .
I could walk there from my house.

I bought a ruger American rimfire and wanted the scope mounts the got me the mounts at there cost since I bought the rifle from them.

I've met Cass there as well, she did a great job of chatting with customers and running the store solo the last couple of times I stopped by there.
I've heard one of the owners provided no help in keeping the store open and the other got really sick.
Sad to see a store go like that.

Indeed. Wasn't Cass a member here? Anyways I work down that way. When I went to Sonic I'd pass by there, but never stopped in, because well... it was a Mass gun shop, there wasn't much point for me. Sorry to see it close.

I was just about to post this myself having just read it on their website :-( Too bad, they were nice folks and I have good experiences there both buying and selling. Still kicking myself over one consignment piece I passed on about 2 years ago.

Stinks. Oddly enough I drove by it this past weekend and thought about checking it out sometime, since I didn't even know it was there. Guess it's too late now.

Indeed. Wasn't Cass a member here? Anyways I work down that way. When I went to Sonic I'd pass by there, but never stopped in, because well... it was a Mass gun shop, there wasn't much point for me. Sorry to see it close.

Yeah it's hard being a chic on this site at times.

Last edited:
It's pretty obvious why they folded. I didn't know they existed until I opened this thread.

Apparently you knew they existed when you merged "a bunch of old crap about this shop" (your words, see post #312) into their official NES Gun Shops and Reviews thread: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/194436-New-England-Shooter-s-Warehouse-in-Tewksbury-Ma.

Your amnesia aside, there are actually several reasons they didn't make it. Sandy Hook occurred right before they opened, which obviously had a huge impact on gun/ammo prices and availability. Then two main investors got cold feet and pulled out, leaving them without the necessary funds to restock their initial inventory. And finally, Ken (the primary owner) was diagnosed with a serious health problem that made it tough for him to focus on the day-to-day operations of the store.

Add these circumstances together and you've got a perfect storm. It's really a shame, because I don't know of a more friendly gun shop anywhere in the area. Hopefully Ken will pull through and find some investors willing to underwrite a second attempt.

Back
Top Bottom