Shooters in Amherst

45Badger

NES Member
Standing in long line waiting to buy a box of ammo. Manager twirling his keys while kid working register is slow, often confused and buried. Maybe they could open the other register?

Standing in long line waiting to buy a box of ammo. Manager twirling his keys while kid working register is slow, often confused and buried. Maybe they could open the other register?
Did you buy your ammo still?

Then one of the two parties involved is the sucker

Yeah, I was on a mission of mercy to get wimpy handgun ammunition (.380) for my step-brother’s girlfriend’s dad who thought 9mm was a bit much. Some people...

Poor guy lives south of the border where it’s apparently rare as hens teeth and too expensive for retirees. If it was for me, I would have walked.

On the bright side, I had some great retail therapy.

Picked up a minty ruger mk2 target model at shop in Milford, a couple 20 round AR mags and a 48”display display case at Merrimack Arms (for my dream retirement of selling off my stuff at gun shows), a pack of CB Shorts at another shop and another box of .380 at DW619 (owner tossed in free moon-battery and referred to my wife as mentally ill🤣). Also got new baskets on my old ski poles, and made a Costco run for shrimp and steak at Costco. Cashed in my Costco annual fun money rebate. All in all, a good Saturday morning.

Last edited:
Almost forgot- stopped by Northeast Munitions. The have a very clean Colt 1911 for $750. Looked to have clean roll marks and none of the milling issues frequently seen in newer Colts. If I was not in the “get rid of extra 1911s” mode, I would have grabbed it.

Back
Top Bottom