• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shoot out in Brockton

uzi

f9b1e399bc_ltpkillsuspect.jpg

http://bostonherald.com/news/region...ct_planned_‘mass_murder_/srvc=home&position=0

BROCKTON - The 22-year-old Brockton man accused of going on a hate-fueled killing spree yesterday fancied himself fighting against the “extinction” of the white race and hatched “an evil plan of mass murder,” a prosecutor said today.

Keith Luke’s twisted target was the slaughter of “as many Jews and blacks and Hispanics as he could,” said prosecutor Frank Middleton. The suspect believed he was fighting for “a dying race,” police report.

Luke was arraigned today in Brockton District Court on two murder charges, as well as armed assault with intent to murder, aggravated rape and kidnapping. The chubby defendant, who stood silently gazing out at the packed courtroom, pleaded not guilty and was ordered held on no bail.

Middleton said Luke hatched “an evil plan of mass murder and rape targeting victims he identified as non-white.”

According to a chilling police report, Luke intended to end his bloody rampage at 6:30 p.m. at a synagogue near his Pleasant Street home, where Jewish people would be gathering for a bingo night. Then, he allegedly told police, he planned to shoot himself in the head.

During a police interview, Luke told cops he was “fighting for a dying race” and that he was “fighting extinction,” according to a police report filed in court.

The prosecutor said Luke – whose mother tells the Herald today suffers from mental illness – was armed with a .9 mm handgun and had 200 rounds of ammunition in his possession that he purchased illegally on the street.

Luke was also carrying a backpack filled with handcuffs, a hammer, a mouth gag and blindfold, Middleton said.

The prosecutor said Luke climbed into his black van mid-day yesterday and headed to Clinton Street where he raped a former neighbor and killed the young woman’s sister. Both women are said to be in their early 20s.

Middleton said Luke handcuffed and raped one sister for about 20 minutes until the other sister came home and walked in on the alleged attack.

She was shot dead, the prosecutor said, and Luke then turned and shot the other sister as she was slumped on the floor hugging a teddy bear.

That victim, he added, was severely wounded – the bullet traveling through the stuffed animal she was clutching.

The crazed suspect then jumped back into his van, reloaded his gun and fired at least one shot at a group of bystanders attending to the wounded sister who had run outside for help, Middleton said.

Luke targeted “a non-white” person attending to the girl, Middleton added.

The suspect drove off, the prosecutor told the court, only to stop and fire away at a homeless man at point-blank range, killing him.

He drove off again until two police officers cornered him causing Luke to crash his van into three other vehicles at North Quincy and Court streets. He was then arrested.

Luke’s first victim was identified in court as Selma Goncalves, 20, a Cape Verdean immigrant. Her sister’s name is being withheld because the Herald does not publish the names of victims of alleged sexual assault. Family members said she is in critical but stable condition.

The second victim is identified as Arlindo Goncalves, 72, a homeless man who is not related to the two sisters.

His niece tells the Herald he was just trying to get by in life by redeeming cans he collected.

Plymouth County District Attorney Timothy Cruz said Luke had been planning the massacre for a few months, but it’s unclear what triggered him to launch the alleged assault yesterday.

Brockton Police Chief William Conlon said had Luke not been stopped, “it would have been much worse. I think it shook the whole community,” he added.

A family friend, Benjamin Alves, said the sisters moved to the United States from Cape Verde a year ago to be closer their father. He had tears in his eyes as he recalled the two women. He said their mother still lives in Cape Verde.

Luke is also charged with three counts of criminal civil rights violations for each of his three alleged victims.

What else do you expect from Brockton?

True story: Several years ago I was at the club and a guy shows up with his girlfriend. He was shooting an AR15 and she had a model 629. She was VERY good with it, nailing every target in sight. I asked her where she learned to shoot like that and she replied "I'm from Brockton". No further explanation necessary.

[rofl]

He looks more like a sexual deviate than a white supremist!
More than likely has a history of behavior that fits the mold as well.

What else do you expect from Brockton?

True story: Several years ago I was at the club and a guy shows up with his girlfriend. He was shooting an AR15 and she had a model 629. She was VERY good with it, nailing every target in sight. I asked her where she learned to shoot like that and she replied "I'm from Brockton". No further explanation necessary.

[rofl]

" Brockton Barbie (ALSO SOLD IN Rockland ) "
This recently paroled Barbie comes with a 9mm handgun, a Ray Lewis knife,a Chevy with dark tinted windows, and a Meth Lab Kit. This model is only available after dark and must be paid for in cash (preferably small, untraceable bills) ....unless you are a cop, then we don't know what you are talking about.

Two Key Points

First, kudos to the Herald reporter for noting that the handgun was purchased illegally. This is the first time I have seen that written in an initial report and I am glad the reporter cites the distinction.

Secondly, I am quite familiar with the Temple that the accused was targeting and I will tell you that there is a gentleman who is in charge of maintenance there. He is a pleasant man and a former Marine. He is also never without his 1911. If the police had not gotten the shooter first, my friend would have.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom