• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

shirley r+g

does any one have any thing good or bad to say about it? thinking of joining, i understand it's not as nice as harvard but i don't need all that harvard has to offer.

does any one have any thing good or bad to say about it? thinking of joining, i understand it's not as nice as harvard but i don't need all that harvard has to offer.

It's not a matter of being as nice as Harvard. Shirley is a very affordable club with great people. Although the ranges are all outdoors, you have the option of long range rifle and short range covered pistol courses. It usually isn't crowded during the week and it's a very pleasant range where you may enjoy the outdoors.[grin]

I've enjoyed it for many years

Nice little range, actually. Very nice archery facilities (better than Harvard's) and everyone I've met there has been good people. They do a game supper every year and have a HUGE turkey shoot the Sunday before Thanksgiving. IIRC, the rifle range is 200 yards and the pistol range goes out to 40 yards.

And as News Shooter says, they're very affordable. I think they're like $75 a year?

Oh, yeah, and their vice president is a [STRIKE= ]hoopy frood who really knows where his towel is[/STRIKE] pretty cool guy... and a mod here on NES.

hen I was stationed at Ft Devens back in the 80's I was a member and it was a good club then, and I think it is a good club now. One of the mods, "Eddie Coyle" is the VP and is also on the GOAL BoD. He is a squared away guy and I anything that he would be associated with would have to be good. It's good you PM'd him.

I am a member over in Townsend, but am looking for a longer rifle rage. Do you guys have an "open" day when people can come check out the club?

I have been a member for several years; great bunch of people. The ranges are all outdoors and in good condition. There is a very nice club house where we hold the monthly meetings and other events. Meetings are second Thursday each month, come down and check it out.

I am a member, its 40 minute drive but well worth it.
Usually go on weekends, and usually are alone, any one who shows up is friendly and safe.

Also there is fishing, and lots of land.

I'll be attending the membership meeting on August 8th.
I was here once before as a guest of EC as he helped me sight in my AR.
Nice little range and really cheap too.
Seems like it will be a good time.

I just found this thread.

I belong to several clubs but I do most of my shooting at Shirley. It's a small-ish club compared to some (membership is capped at 400, but we're about to have some openings as soon as we get our membership records squared away) with a great bunch of people.

If anybody would like to check it out, PM me and we can meet there.

Back
Top Bottom