shipping gun for service

I was wondering if it's legal to ship a part of my Sig p220 (the slide) out of state for repair to the manufacturer?

Great, thanks for the reply. I guess that's one thing they haven't made a law against in the peoples republic of mass. On a similar note, is it ok to ship the entire gun as long as it is disassembled?

Great, thanks for the reply. I guess that's one thing they haven't made a law against in the peoples republic of mass. On a similar note, is it ok to ship the entire gun as long as it is disassembled?

Yes, you can use Fedex or UPS and you must tell them it is a firearm (they use special handling/tracking).

There is no need to disassemble the weapon prior to shipping. Unloaded is nice, though.

So if I ship with FedEx or UPS, do I need to declare it is a firearm even if I just ship the slide?

So if I ship with FedEx or UPS, do I need to declare it is a firearm even if I just ship the slide?

If you're just shipping the slide, use USPS. Much cheaper. You only need to ship via FedEx or UPS if you're shipping a firearm. The slide is not a firearm. You can ship the slide anywhere you want and not have to declare anything.

Back
Top Bottom