SFC.Kevin Dupont

I know this Soldier. I served w/him in the Mass. Guard. There will be a spaghetti supper at the K of C on Granby Rd. in Chicopee Sunday, 1500-1800hrs. Tickets $15.00.
There is a fund set up also. I talked to his brother yesterday.
SFC.Kevin A.Dupont Fund
c/o Pioneer Valley federal Credit Union
651 Hanger Ave.
Box 34, Westover ARB, Ma. 01022
Sergeant First Class Kevin A. Dupont is a 52 year old Chicopee native and a
> Massachusetts Army National Guardsman. He was wounded on March 8th 2009 while
> riding in a convoy of vehicles in Afghanistan near the Pakistan border. His
> Humvee was destroyed in a fiery explosion by and improvised explosive device.
>
> The blast killed the Soldier driving, and wounded a California Army National
> Guardsman with second degree burns. Kevin fought his way out of the command
> seat of the vehicle and emerged completely engulfed in flames. The following
> vehicle raced forward and put Kevin out with a fire extinguisher. Kevin's
> injuries include severe lung damage, and deep third degree burns to over
> sixty-five percent of his body including his face, hands and legs.
>
> SFC Dupont will be recovering at the BAMC in San Antonio for the next two to
> three years and a fundraiser has been organized to help offset the cost of
> airfare and lodging for Kevin's family to visit often and be at his bedside.

I would like to attend this.

I might be able to make it after the gun show at the Big-E.

Could I just show up?

Yes

I would like to attend this.

I might be able to make it after the gun show at the Big-E.

Could I just show up?
I just talked to his brother Chris. Tickets are available at the door. I have a bday party at 6pm in Easthampton so I plan on showing up just to show my face. There will be a lot of guys from my old Guard units, 104 and 181INF. The K of C isn`t the big one on Memorial DR. Smaller one on Granby road.

I went to this. It was great. Lots of great people. Other than being at a NES or GOAL event, I rarely get to hang with people I like. I hope Kevin makes a good recovery.

We weren't able to make it to the dinner, so we sent a check to the fund instead.

Come on folks, pony up $50 (or $10, or $20) to help the family. The address of the fund is on the first post.

Last edited:
Fundraiser

We weren't able to make it to the dinner, so we sent a check to the fund instead.

Come on folks, pony up $50 (or $10, or $20) to help the family. The address of the fund is on the first post.
The girlfriend and I went to the fundraiser. I was surprised by the turnout. Very well attended. The GF says it got coverage on the local news this morning. Talked to my old CSM and some of the boys. I transferred out of the Guard and into the Army Reserve in February.
When I talked to Kevin`s brother Friday he said the first set of skin grafts didn`t take so they had to remove them. I think it was due to infection.
I will try to keep this thread active so hopefully you guys and girls can help a Soldiers family. Kevin could have retired w/over 20 years in the Military but wanted a combat tour before he put in his papers.

Masslive story

The girlfriend and I went to the fundraiser. I was surprised by the turnout. Very well attended. The GF says it got coverage on the local news this morning. Talked to my old CSM and some of the boys. I transferred out of the Guard and into the Army Reserve in February.
When I talked to Kevin`s brother Friday he said the first set of skin grafts didn`t take so they had to remove them. I think it was due to infection.
I will try to keep this thread active so hopefully you guys and girls can help a Soldiers family. Kevin could have retired w/over 20 years in the Military but wanted a combat tour before he put in his papers.
http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/05/family_of_injured_army_sgt_kev.html?category=Chicopee

Bumping this thread.

Come on guys, pony up some cash.

SFC.Kevin A.Dupont Fund
c/o Pioneer Valley federal Credit Union
651 Hanger Ave.
Box 34, Westover ARB, Ma. 01022

I came here following a tread about a friends brother. I didn't know what a small world it is. I know his brother Mark from the off road jeep world. I followed a link here to help out SFC. Dupont and found out I'm already a member here.
Too many people forget the sacrifices others make so that they can carry on worrying about what to make for dinner or if the kids are going to make the bus in the morning.
Check sent
Thank you,
Karl Kaufmann

Thanks Karl, and thankyou Cliff.

I don't know if they have a paypal account set up. I doubt it. In any event, SFC Dupont's outlook does not seem good, which gives us all the more reason to donate to the family.

-Bill

Below you will find information about the next fundraiser for Kevin and Lisa. There will be raffles at this event and donations of raffle items are still being accepted (such as baskets, gift certificates, etc.). Please contact Julie (information below) if you have an item to donate. Thank you!!!!

Please forward this email to anyone you think would be interested. If you have any questions, please let me know and I will get the answers for you or put you in contact with the right person (603-781-4195) or [email protected]. Thanks so much. Hope to see you there!!! Thank you, Alice Greenleaf

Also, thank you to everyone who attended the fundraiser in Chicopee. It was wonderful to see so many people come out and support Kevin and Lisa and we hope that you will be able to come to this event to continue this support.

Monday, June 15, 2009
East Bay Grille
173 Water Street, Plymouth, MA
6:00-10:00 pm
Admission: $20 - Tickets can be purchased at door or to purchase ahead of time, please contact Julie Barbato at 508-224-4038 or [email protected]
There will be a tent with food, entertainment and raffles, as well as a 50/50 drawing.
There will also be a cash bar

Back
Top Bottom