Seriously, I need an FFL to order me this....

So any friendly FFLs on the board that would order this for me? Pretty good price for this rifle and I've been looking to get one of these for a while now.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Romanian_PSL-54C_7.62x54R_Rifle.html

Anyone? Bueller?

AIM refuses to do any sort of business with MA, even for stores with FFLs.
After a phone call with AIM, they said that our Dear. Attorney General threatened to sue them. apart of the agreement that AIM would not get slammed with a massive fine included AIM promising to do zero business with a single soul in MA.

so, youll have to find a out of state FFL.

After a phone call with AIM, they said that our Dear. Attorney General threatened to sue them. apart of the agreement that AIM would not get slammed with a massive fine included AIM promising to do zero business with a single soul in MA.

Any idea what the AG went after them for?

Any idea what the AG went after them for?

Probably because at one time they might have sold ammo to MA.

A lot of the vendors used to send ammo here. Some got nasty letters from the AG, some of them got the full blown consent decree enema offer (like "sportsmans guide") others
just got scared.

-Mike

Sounds like grounds for a major lawsuit. Interfering with interstate commerce.

Public Safety trumps Interstate Commerce
Might be one at the show in West Springfield on Oct 10 11
I can get one of these for you however no at that peice. This company will not do business in MA.

Last edited:
The AG threatened to file complaints against a number of internet sales places threatening to go after them for illegally transfering ammunition in MA, since to purchase ammunition in MA you need and FID card and the internet vendors don't check FID cards.

They also threatened a number of sells for selling "unsafe products" under consumer protection laws, if they sold any weapon to a MA citizen that was deemed "unsafe" by the AG's office. Since at the time, the AG wouldn't publish an "approved" list OR a test procedure to verify a firearm's safety, many vendors simply barred sales to MA.

I don't believe you can buy a rifle at an FFL in a non-contiguous state. Meaning that you could purchase the rifle at an out of state FFL - as long as that state had borders with MA.

This rules out Maine. You can have a rifle - or handgun - shipped to an in-state FFL and purchase it legally as long as it meets the regulations of your state. Or you could have a rifle only (handguns must be sold thru an in-state FFL) - shipped to an out of state FFL that would accept it - again, as long as that FFL is in a contiguous state to yours.

I don't believe you can buy a rifle at an FFL in a non-contiguous state. Meaning that you could purchase the rifle at an out of state FFL - as long as that state had borders with MA.

This is no longer true anymore, as far as I can tell. MA residents have no trouble buying rifles at KTP, for example.

-Mike

Public Safety trumps Interstate Commerce
Might be one at the show in West Springfield on Oct 10 11
I can get one of these for you however no at that peice. This company will not do business in MA.

There were three Romaks at the Marlboro show. The cheapest one was $875, which was missing a few of the accessories. The other two were priced at $980 and $1000. Way to much for that rifle.

When you buy at KTP you also have the option of xfer in NH just over the boarder avoiding Maine sales tax.

Disclaimer. I've only heard of others doing it.[rolleyes]

When you buy at KTP you also have the option of xfer in NH just over the boarder avoiding Maine sales tax.

My dad did it when he bought me my Ruger p345. But we live in NH so KTP had to do that anyway since they can only sell hand gun to Maine residents unless the sale takes place in the buyers state. Since they rent a room next to enterprise (or hertz) on route 1 in NH they can sell to NH residents.

You Betcha! Just ask to take delivery at the NH store. It looks like an abandoned gas station. 10 minute drive and no tax!

+1, I've had to go this route several times to get rifles I want. The sad part is having to "Mass-hole"ize a perfectly good weapon to satisfy some brain dead Libtard Hack in Boston.

Yeah but its not bad in this case because were talking about a Romak/PSL here. All thats needed is to file a little off the bayonet lug ears and make sure the muzzle brake is tacked.

IMO the idea of a bayonet on a long range rifle is like giving Obama a membership to the NRA. It just serves zero purpose and no one could ever come up with a good reason why it was done in the first place.

IMO the idea of a bayonet on a long range rifle is like giving Obama a membership to the NRA. It just serves zero purpose and no one could ever come up with a good reason why it was done in the first place.

it makes one hell of a pike when your out of ammo [rofl]

Yeah but its not bad in this case because were talking about a Romak/PSL here. All thats needed is to file a little off the bayonet lug ears and make sure the muzzle brake is tacked.

I dislike cutting up any original pattern rifle.
You wouldn't hack up and old car or pick-up for no good reason, right?
I've been buying rifles at KTP, Cabela's and other shops in PA and now down in WV and submitting FA10s to MA for several years and never had an issue.
Just make 100% sure the item is MA legal.

I thought the psl was awb complaint due to the only 10 round mag and no pistol grip.
Update -looked at the frigging awb wording- it is 5 round detachable mag... nevermind..

Last edited:
It's compliant once the brake has been pinned and lug has been cut off. The capacity of the detachable magazine plays no part in this.

Back
Top Bottom