September 24-25 Marlboro Gun & Knife Show

Cross-X said:
Face facts folks. Len is a blue meanie!

I'm not sure what a "blue meanie" is, but Darius you are next in line to be sent off for psycho testing and shock therapy! [twisted]

Now please let's get back on topic here . . . some folks may want to actually discuss getting together at the gun show or want tips on what/who to look for and what/who to avoid at gun shows.

We created an "Off-Topic" Forum for the jokes and banter, let's please contain the "thread drift" jokes there, OK?

Thanks from ALL the Mods.

derek said:
Cross-X said:
Finally, one guy here reveals himself to be full of wit instead of full of SHIT!

Fixed it for you Darius [wink]

Thanks, Derek!

I hope that we will see some new and interesting stuff at the Marlboro show. Wouldn't it be nice to see real pre-ban large cap. mags offered at reasonable prices, twenty bucks or so? How about some decent, first quality, non-nylon holsters that you don't have to pay full retail to get?

Finally, I dream of finding maybe one or two interesting guns at take-me-home prices.

Yeah.. I'm getting excited myself. I'm gonna go to the bank at lunch time and get a wad of cash out.

What sort of interesting guns are you looking for to follow you home?

I will be looking for a nice hunting rifle. Probably something in the .308 range with a scope. Maybe an AK clone if the price is right. A pre-ban AR would be nice. I need a new 12GA. I wouldn't be opposed to a nice MILSURP following me home. Maybe a complete Enfield, or Nagant.

Adam

Adam_MA said:
Yeah.. I'm getting excited myself. I'm gonna go to the bank at lunch time and get a wad of cash out.

What sort of interesting guns are you looking for to follow you home?

I will be looking for a nice hunting rifle. Probably something in the .308 range with a scope. Maybe an AK clone if the price is right. A pre-ban AR would be nice. I need a new 12GA. I wouldn't be opposed to a nice MILSURP following me home. Maybe a complete Enfield, or Nagant.

Adam

Maybe yet another S&W 1911, maybe a S&W revolver, and perhaps a Contender -- but with a reasonably-sized barrel.

I would appreciate a report back here if Walton's Guns & Supplies is at the show. You can see his banner from across the hall. He's the only one who sells real good quality leather.

BTW, he also usually has bank money drop bags dirt cheap (fully legal for storing handguns) . . . ask about his 3 fer price. Likewise cheap rifle cases that keep them from banging against each other (opening gets tied off with something like a shoelace) that meet MA laws on possession of long-arms on a public way (no need for a lock, just cased).

At a gun show ~1 year ago, I picked up a closeout IWB quality leather holster from him (custom to a specific gun) similar to the Milt Sparks SS II for ~1/2 the money.

He always has a good selection of ballistic nylon holsters as well.

Since I can't make it on Saturday, I'm probably not going to bother going Sunday either... I'm still waiting to hear about my C&R application. From some of the posts I've seen, I may be better off buying once I have that in hand rather than go to the show.

On a related vein... if anyone leaves the show before 2 PM or so, I'll be down the road in Grafton at the open house for my Masonic Lodge in anyone wants to drop in and chat... or even find out what we do there. Directions are easy - go to www.franklinlodge.org and click on the address at the top of the page. It's about a 10-15 minute drive, at most.

Ross

dwarven1 said:
Since I can't make it on Saturday, I'm probably not going to bother going Sunday either... I'm still waiting to hear about my C&R application. From some of the posts I've seen, I may be better off buying once I have that in hand rather than go to the show.

On a related vein... if anyone leaves the show before 2 PM or so, I'll be down the road in Grafton at the open house for my Masonic Lodge in anyone wants to drop in and chat... or even find out what we do there. Directions are easy - go to www.franklinlodge.org and click on the address at the top of the page. It's about a 10-15 minute drive, at most.

Ross

Do we have to wear funny crimson velvet hats with those dorky tassles?

I think I better stay at the show -- I am sure you don't want rabble-rousers at your fancy event. :D

Len, I'll let you know as he's then one where I usually get my plastic ammo boxes and cleaning brushes.

And thanks for saying something Ross, I need make copies of my C&R so I can bring them with me.

I'm hoping to find a Winchester 97 with a 30" barrel...don't care about the finish, just want a good shooter. If I can find one for under 500 bucks, then I'll be happy. Might have to do some haggling, but If there's one there, I'm coming home with it.

dwarven1 said:

Ross

Ross, you'll find C&R rifles at the gun shows selling for 2-4x what you can buy them from with your C&R FFL directly from the distributors! Once you get your C&R, you'll really question why you are at the gun show wasting your time/money! :)

Adam_MA said:
Maybe a complete Enfield, or Nagant.

Adam

I'll warn you to not pay much for a Mosin-Nagant (or Nagant pistol). They can be had cheap (well under $100) from Century, if you have a C&R or regular FFL. SMLE's have gone up (over $100), P14 and 1917 Enfields are up.

Cross-X said:
Do we have to wear funny crimson velvet hats with those dorky tassles?
Only if you are a Shriner... (who have to be Masons, BTW)

Cross-X said:
I think I better stay at the show -- I am sure you don't want rabble-rousers at your fancy event. :D

Nah, we don't want any rabble rousers there... you wouldn't want to embarrass such fine, upstanding rabble rousers like Ben Franklin, Paul Revere, John Hancock, Theodore Roosevelt, Eddie Rickenbacker, Dr Joseph Warren, Douglas MacArthur... who were all Masons. :)

LenS said:
Ross, you'll find C&R rifles at the gun shows selling for 2-4x what you can buy them from with your C&R FFL directly from the distributors! Once you get your C&R, you'll really question why you are at the gun show wasting your time/money! :)

Which is why I'm not going to worry about not making it. I had seen the comments about prices in the C&R FFL thread.

C-pher said:
Well, a lot of C&R people don't have Winchester 97's. If they do, then I'm all for buying from them.

But a lot of C&R places have mostly Military weapons. I want to find one that deals in western guns....

Check out the ads in SGN and GL.

Ross,
I hope Franklin Lodge finds itself busy tomorrow and ends up with a slew of applications.
We, at Satuit Lodge, have even seen the local media declare that with the statewide open house on saturday, the "mystery" ends.
With this being one of the busiest weekends in recent memory, both the Marlboro show and open house at Lodge will see me quickly running in and out.
CJC

Cledus J. Crabb said:
Ross,
I hope Franklin Lodge finds itself busy tomorrow and ends up with a slew of applications.

Thanks, Bro Cledus. Don't know if it will help, but Saturday has been proclaimed Masonic Day by Gov Romney.

Good luck at Satuit Lodge and I hope you find something good at the show, too!

C-pher said:
Well, a lot of C&R people don't have Winchester 97's. If they do, then I'm all for buying from them.

But a lot of C&R places have mostly Military weapons. I want to find one that deals in western guns....

Incoming PM. I have a friend in Ticonderoga that dabbles in old Winchesters. He's called Red Hawk.

Back
Top Bottom