Senior citizen arrested after fatally shooting suspected armed robber in NYC: police: 32-year-old victim suffered gunshot wounds to chest

Reptile

NES Member
A man was arrested early Wednesday in New York City after fatally shooting an armed robber in Queens, according to law enforcement.

Police say gunfire broke out around 2 a.m. Wednesday near Queens Criminal Court in Kew Gardens after the now-deceased victim, 32, approached the older man, 65, with an unidentified object in his hand.

Continues...

"In surveillance video viewed by Eyewitness News, the assailant confronts Foehner from 40 feet. Foehner waves him off, raising his left hand, but the assailant continues to approach aggressively. With that, Foehner draws his gun from 20 feet. When the assailant waves an object and lunges, Foehner fires from 8 feet.
He then called 911, stating he was in a shooting and the gun was in his jacket pocket. He voluntarily surrendered to responding officers.
The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene and a pen was discovered in his right hand.
The 65-year-old was charged with second-degree criminal possession of a weapon and criminal possession of a firearm, according to a spokesperson for the Queens District Attorney's Office."

"In the minutes before the shooting, investigators believe the assailant went on a rampage, inexplicably smashing windows in two neighboring buildings. Foehner lives around the corner with his wife, where he is well-liked. Sources say he has an active NYPD firearms permit."

In other words guilty until proven innocent. Not sure I want to wait until psycho jabs a pen in my eye "Oh, that's just a harmless pen"

Criminal possession of a firearm when he has an active LTC sounds wonky. 2am, maybe he was drinking / high on something or could this be a charge for a normal capacity mag in his possession.

Criminal possession of a firearm when he has an active LTC sounds wonky. 2am, maybe he was drinking / high on something or could this be a charge for a normal capacity mag in his possession
Perhaps he has a premise permit only, which in NYC allows someone to own/possess a firearm at home but does not allow carry. It is akin to MA giving restricted LTCs pre-Bruen which allowed purchase/ownership, but did not allow cc

Perhaps he has a premise permit only, which in NYC allows someone to own/possess a firearm at home but does not allow carry. It is akin to MA giving restricted LTCs pre-Bruen which allowed purchase/ownership, but did not allow cc
You are most likely correct. NYC has a variety of different permit types all with varying degrees of restriction. However, I have been curious how these different types of permits were affected / nullified by last year's Bruen decision.
Sadly, even if the 65-year-old victim was in legal possession of a handgun at the time the shooting occurred, he is facing a long road of court BS and thousands of dollars in legal expenses.

A man was arrested early Wednesday in New York City after fatally shooting an armed robber in Queens, according to law enforcement.

Police say gunfire broke out around 2 a.m. Wednesday near Queens Criminal Court in Kew Gardens after the now-deceased victim, 32, approached the older man, 65, with an unidentified object in his hand.

Continues...
But the victim was arrested, not shot!

At this rate, we're going to have a Bernie Goetz/Falling Down-level vigilante attack when somebody has just been pushed too far and has had enough. That could be the fuse that lights the inner city barbeques of 2023;

Let's hope people start fighting back against the rigged system. It's rigged by news editors, politicians, and the judicial system.

1685623218027.png

Criminal possession of a firearm when he has an active LTC sounds wonky
in NYC anything goes. any resistance will be punished mercilessly.
no one cares anymore about criminals committing crimes, it is now all about forcing people to comply, no matter what happens to them - vaccines, robberies, IRS. comply and make a happy face, and file your complaint to police later, so they could wipe their ass with it.

You are most likely correct. NYC has a variety of different permit types all with varying degrees of restriction. However, I have been curious how these different types of permits were affected / nullified by last year's Bruen decision.
Sadly, even if the 65-year-old victim was in legal possession of a handgun at the time the shooting occurred, he is facing a long road of court BS and thousands of dollars in legal expenses.
Might also have been what he was carrying wasn't listed on his LTC which I believe is a NY requirement.

Gotta love how Fox is now referring to the real criminal as "the victim." Guessing the real victim was unlicensed.
Not necessarily. NY is a communist state. I was born there and escaped about 20 years ago. NYC even more than the rest of the state you do not want to use your gun to defend your life, you will go to jail until the court throws it out.

Who is this guy and how was he well connected enough to be offered an NYC permit to begin with? The little people just don't get handed those.

"In surveillance video viewed by Eyewitness News, the assailant confronts Foehner from 40 feet. Foehner waves him off, raising his left hand, but the assailant continues to approach aggressively. With that, Foehner draws his gun from 20 feet. When the assailant waves an object and lunges, Foehner fires from 8 feet.
He then called 911, stating he was in a shooting and the gun was in his jacket pocket. He voluntarily surrendered to responding officers.
The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene and a pen was discovered in his right hand.
The 65-year-old was charged with second-degree criminal possession of a weapon and criminal possession of a firearm, according to a spokesperson for the Queens District Attorney's Office."

"In the minutes before the shooting, investigators believe the assailant went on a rampage, inexplicably smashing windows in two neighboring buildings. Foehner lives around the corner with his wife, where he is well-liked. Sources say he has an active NYPD firearms permit."

In other words guilty until proven innocent. Not sure I want to wait until psycho jabs a pen in my eye "Oh, that's just a harmless pen"

Certainly a FAFO situation if I ever saw one. The more of those you have, the more polite people are going to get. When you might get SHOT for running your mouth or maybe robbing someone, you think twice. Sometimes even tree-timez.

so, 26 counts of criminal possession, will be sent to prison and then quietly murdered in there by fellow convicts.

a thing or 2 to think of by anyone who calls police upon themselves to silently surrender.

That will learn him to defend himself in that hell hole .
You think the cops go home at night and brag to their families about jacking up some old guy who just wanted to live ?

Criminal possession of a firearm when he has an active LTC sounds wonky. 2am, maybe he was drinking / high on something or could this be a charge for a normal capacity mag in his possession.
Can be a permit to have one in his home, only.
Who is this guy and how was he well connected enough to be offered an NYC permit to begin with? The little people just don't get handed those.
Regular people can get one to possess at home - it's the carry version that takes connections.

His problem is that he called 911. If it was me, I'd just walk off. Sadly, it sounds like there is video everywhere, so they could track you. I'd still go elsewhere and change clothes and sneak home. No point in calling in that city.

Back
Top Bottom