• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Senate passes Kennedy amendment protecting veterans' Second Amendment rights

Reptile

NES Member

The NRA applauded Sens. Kennedy and Moran for spearheading the amendment​

The Senate passed an amendment introduced by Sen. John Kennedy, R-La., that protects veterans' Second Amendment rights if the Department of Veterans Affairs steps in to manage their financial benefits.

Continues...

"protects veterans' Second Amendment rights if the Department of Veterans Affairs steps in to manage their financial benefits."

Nothing about other care Veterans are getting, if you get the drift...effing nothing burger

"protects veterans' Second Amendment rights if the Department of Veterans Affairs steps in to manage their financial benefits."

Nothing about other care Veterans are getting, if you get the drift...effing nothing burger
It's not a nothing burger.

Lots of vets have a fiduciary to manage the bank account that the VA sends funds to.

The fiduciary is usually a family member.

By having this, the vet automatically loses their gun rights.

Families set this up even if the vet is healthy and mentally sound. It's good to set this up for the future.

Biden sees White vets as a big threat to his regime so he and Obama have been trying to disarm them.

On the surface, this looks like one of those "Guns for me and none for thee" type of rules. (Like "retired cop's are OK but no one else" laws.) But frighteningly, if you can't manage your checkbook, the VA reports you to the FBI. The fact that we need a LAW to stop this is just insane.

Wait what?

So if you served and you used the VA's financial planning service they would flag you and not let you own guns?

Not financial planning, a fiduciary. If the Vet realizes that he or she is not great at managing their money, they have the VA send their disability payments to the account of a trusted friend or relative. Then that fiduciary controls the money.

The idea is that the fiduciary is responsible enough to spend the money on first things first (shelter and food) so the Vet isn't blowing every check on nonessentials (guns, ammo, hookers, blow) and ending up homeless.

If I understand correctly, if you set up that arrangement, the VA flags you as the equivalent of mentally incompetent and you get flagged on your background check.

The VA is set up to screw vets over any way they can. I have zero trust in them.

OK, so this bill protects a veteran's gun rights if they're not great at handling money. Yippee do dah.

Meanwhile, the VA will bend over backwards to try to label you as suffering from PTSD, drug dependency (which they've probably prescribed for you) and an alcoholic.

But they give "free" health care. As long as you don't mind terrible customer service, sub standard care and being treated like shit.

Keep your "benefits". I've blocked them from my emails, return their letters "return to sender - go f**k yourselves" and berate whoever is on the line if I get a phone call.

The only use I have for them is when I die they can plant my body. I've instructed my kids to NOT claim my body from wherever it is, to call the VA and say "pick the body up, no service necessary".

Back
Top Bottom