• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Senate Democrats preparing gun control legislation

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-democrats-preparing-gun-control-legislation/
The three-part proposal — spearheaded by Senate Democratic Policy and Communications Center Chairman Chuck Schumer (N.Y.) and Debbie Stabenow (Mich.) — includes closing background check loopholes for Internet and gun show sales, expanding the background check database and cracking down on the illegal gun market, according to a letter to Senate colleagues obtained by The Washington Post.

Soooo, where is the crime stoppage in this proposal?

Who cares, it won't even get a vote in a committee, never mind even getting a vote on the floor. It's similar to the crap after newtown that failed and the senate is much more more conservative now so it wiould do even worse.

This is just sen murphy and blumenthal from CT and a few other tools like schumer. It's crap, yawn

Why don't they start with the last item and see how that one works. Crack down on the illegal gun market, go send people to arrest people who are breaking the laws that we have. If there are data inefficiencies or training deficiencies in the system that they have for background checks go work on that. I mean, its not rocket science they should focus on people doing their damn job!

Why don't they start with the last item and see how that one works. Crack down on the illegal gun market, go send people to arrest people who are breaking the laws that we have. If there are data inefficiencies or training deficiencies in the system that they have for background checks go work on that. I mean, its not rocket science they should focus on people doing their damn job!

The need to pass a law to enforce existing laws?

What...no new AWB? There getting soft.

More like they're wisening up.

Getting UBC's passed is their priority right now and they know if they insist on an AWB, not only won't it get passed, it'll sink the other gun control
measures they're clamoring for, plus they know it has zero chance of passing in an R controlled Senate anyways (last time it was brought
up after Sandy '****ing' Hook,
it failed by 60 votes in a D controlled Senate).

I wouldn't be surprised if the D leadership is quietly telling Fineswine and the other usual suspects to STFU and sit down on this go around
and save it for the next legislative session or term.

They'll be singing save the orphans for 5 minutes till it gets shot down.

-Mike

Expanding background checks, eh? So the closed-accordion version of the past/present will be passé.

Cracking down on the illegal gun market, eh? Good to see they were obviously not doing their jobs before.

Shumer is another one that need to step into a malfunctioning elevator.
Let's see how many of the libitards jump on this one so close to elections.

He's the likely D minority leader in the senate in 2017, Reid is retiring before he loses. He is very unpopular in NV and would lose in 2016, so the chicken is running. Oh and he's suing the exercise equipment company that idiot claims blinded him. One loss he's claiming is lack of consortium (sex).

How can we make enforcing existing gun laws part of the 2016 race?
Lets ask Trump what he thinks.

No, really, ask him.
Tell your friends to ask him too, he'll answer the question if enough of us ask, then the others will have to respond too.

Use him while you can, before he flames out.

Can you imagine if they tried to pass these many laws against the gov borrowing money every single year when they have to shut down because they reach the limit?

You assume that people care and actually think about these things. They dont. Politicians don't care about gun crime, no one, not even the president cares (he doesn't even care about black people). They know the real stats, they are not stupid, but their job is to survive and in order to survive they need votes and in order to get votes they need to say stupid crap like this for people to think they care.

On the ones not really vulnerable to it. Like I said, this is just the full on moonbat, gun control rendition of ...

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Was reading an article online regarding possible new gun legislation and one of the comments was this:
"Let's see. . .
Those on the left tell me that I shouldn't hold all Muslims accountable for the actions of a relative few extremists, yet the same folks want to hold all law-abiding firearms owners accountable for the actions of a few nutjobs?
THAT makes sense. . ."

#perfect

Back
Top Bottom