Selling a home... that's owned by a gun nut.

Do you ever have anything positive, helfpul or interesting to post? Congratufrickinlations, you don't live in MA. [rolleyes] Yeah we're just a bunch of lily-livered peons cowering for the man. [rolleyes] We should all move to Ohio so that we can be as awesome as you...

If YOU want to try to sell your house, while simultaneously advertising to any schmuck who wanders in off the streets that "I have a nice little "arsenal" free for the taking, just wait across the street until I leave for work," then good for you. [angry]

I on the other hand think that when people you don't know personally are going to be entering your home, the less advertising the better. You never know what sort of person they are, who they're going to say something to, and what the repercussions will be. Me, I'd rather keep my guns to myself. Thank you very much.

All I can to this is [kiss] Well said.

I agree with the real estate dude. I've bought and sold a couple few houses and open houses have almost never been a factor- usually the RE agent makes an appointment and we go in looking.

Last house we sold following most of the above advice sold in exactly 2 hours from a REALTORS open house- big difference from a public open house. Of course, that was in 2005, the market was different then. I didn't hide too much stuff, but the house was pretty cleaned prepped, decorated and ready for realtors at that point.

Back
Top Bottom