Self-Defense - Thanks Big Daddy 45acp and Mike-Mike

Sending a big THANK YOU to Big Daddy 45acp and Mike-Mike for spending 6 hours with a bunch of us today helping us get some non-lethal self defense skills.

They donated their time to share some great thoughts about being aware (you can never have too many reminders of all the ways things can go wrong quickly), how to react and how to get yourself free from some ugly situations.

We talked about bar brawls, being confronted on the street, having someone come at you with a knife and (for me) finding yourself in trouble while in your home.

Who knew you could do so much with a thumb [laugh]

And thanks to Jon Green and GOAL for letting us use one of their classrooms.

Nice to meet some fellow NES members, too.

GO GREEN if you're not already - this is but one of the many things you miss by not being a member!

Sending a big THANK YOU to Big Daddy 45acp and Mike-Mike for spending 6 hours with a bunch of us today helping us get some non-lethal self defense skills.

And thanks to Jon Green and GOAL for letting us use one of their classrooms.

GO GREEN if you're not already - this is but one of the many things you miss by not being a member!

VK: I second it! This was an EXCELLENT beginner self-defense class and kudos to Mike-Mike and BigDaddy 45acp for running a great class. +1 for each.

This is one more reason to go GREEN and become a NES member!

Last edited:
Indeed this was a worthwhile class. Thanks to Mike-Mike and BigDaddy 45acp for taking the time out of their busy schedules to teach some of the skills that may some day help us get out of a bad situation.

It was also good meeting some of the other NES members.

GO GREEN PEOPLE!

P.S. I never thought I would be able to break a board with my bare hand [smile]

A very informative and enjoyable day! It was great to meet all of you.
Thank you Mike-Mike and Big Daddy 45 acp for your time and experience and thank you to Jon Green for the use of the room at GOAL.
It pays to go Green!

Last edited:
Great day of learning and entertainment. Thanks again Mike-Mike and BigDaddy for the great instruction. Go green and support GOAL!

If you weren't lucky enough to get in on this class, you missed out on a once in a lifetime course.

Mike-Mike and Big Daddy hope to do a similar course later this year.

Hugely educational, and one not to miss!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It was my pleasure to open and close YOUR classroom today! I can't wait to do it again and maybe actually join all of you for another class taught by the terrible two-some; Mike and Scott!

In addition, I would like to thank all of you for the generosity of the "passed hat". Very kind indeed!

Sincerely,

Jon Green
GOAL

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It was my pleasure to open and close YOUR classroom today! I can't wait to do it again and maybe actually join all of you for another class taught by the terrible two-some; Mike and Scott!

Thank you for allowing us to use the facility at no cost. That was very generous of GOAL.

In addition, I would like to thank all of you for the generosity of the "passed hat". Very kind indeed!

That is the least we could have done [grin]

I had an awesome time. I know alot of ground techniques from the military, but I definitely learned some break-free techniques for when I can't go rolling around on the ground while carrying. I'm going to have to look into some more training when I can afford it [grin]

Thanks Tiny and Mike!

This was an awesome experience with lots of good information. Next time one of my drunk friends tries to Karate me I'll be able to make him look like a bigger fool by leading him around the party like my little b****!

Thanks to GOAL for offering up a space.

It was nice to meet some other NESers and trade thoughts with them.

Ah....pictures:

DSC03881.jpg

DSC03880.jpg

DSC03882.jpg

DSC03883.jpg

DSC03884.jpg

Back
Top Bottom