Self defense question

Oops. Mistakes happen ...

Say for example someone broke into my house and was raping my fiance but did NOT have a weapon; would I be in trouble if I used a firearm to disable them (and whether they are facing me or not)?

... so be sure before you shoot!

Police: Conn. teens mishear sex screams, beat man

TORRINGTON, Conn. (AP) - Police say a Connecticut girl overheard her mother's screams during sex and thought she was being assaulted, so she rounded up some friends to attack the woman's companion.

The 16-year-old girl, two boys and a 19-year-old man were arrested Tuesday and arraigned Wednesday on assault and conspiracy charges.

According to Torrington police and the woman, the girl thought her mother was being attacked on June 6. Police say the teens went into the bedroom and beat the mother's 25-year-old companion with a baseball bat and punched him. The man, Roger Swanson of Torrington, says he suffered a black eye and several bruises.

The woman, Melanie Arnold, denies she screamed. She tells The Associated Press her daughter heard a slap and thought it was an assault.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D996G4DO0&show_article=1

I would have written a different headline for this story: Hanky Spanky Leads to Beating.

You can't make this stuff up.

... so be sure before you shoot!

Police: Conn. teens mishear sex screams, beat man

TORRINGTON, Conn. (AP) - Police say a Connecticut girl overheard her mother's screams during sex and thought she was being assaulted, so she rounded up some friends to attack the woman's companion.

The 16-year-old girl, two boys and a 19-year-old man were arrested Tuesday and arraigned Wednesday on assault and conspiracy charges.

According to Torrington police and the woman, the girl thought her mother was being attacked on June 6. Police say the teens went into the bedroom and beat the mother's 25-year-old companion with a baseball bat and punched him. The man, Roger Swanson of Torrington, says he suffered a black eye and several bruises.

The woman, Melanie Arnold, denies she screamed. She tells The Associated Press her daughter heard a slap and thought it was an assault.

I would have written a different headline for this story: Hanky Spanky Leads to Beating.

You can't make this stuff up.

I call Utter BS on this one, I say she didn't like the guy and planned the whole thing.

I think If I came across this horrible situation that I would be in a better offensive possition compared to the rapest (pants down, caught in the act). If he is bigger than me I would think about drawing, however if he is smaller and weaker I would love to beat the crap out of this low life scum bag and inflict some pain for a long as I like. I'm pretty sure I would be pumped up and enraged with anger.

You can't go wrong with the official word from the Commonwealth's A.G. from a similar case:
“We can’t have people taking the law into their own hands. The father should have waited for the police.”
Adding:
We try and discourage people from self help.

Now couple these statements with the latest attack on our civil rights by these elitist, crap eating, puke spewing, overlord morons and roll over, let them dictate every aspect of our lives and sign your paycheck over to them.

I disagree with disabling the first round would be right in the nuts to "disable" him, as far as the other 9 rounds...they'd end up somewhere near center mass I'm hoping. Sometimes you just get hopped up on adrenaline and empty the mag....you know...like Kurt Russel in Wyatt Earp.

If said scumbag were actually in the act of raping a loved one a shot to the nuts would not be advisable. Said nuts will probaly not stop the round from causing much damage to your loved one. I would say a well aimed side head shot would be in order to keep potential round penetration into a wall. I pray I would never find myself in this unthinkable situation. I would avoid an unneeded shots as loved one would be very close to the target zone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom