• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Seecamp .32

Picked up my Seecamp at the shop today and was wondering how many of you own/carry one. This will be my every day carry piece. My next step is finding a decent pocket pocket & iwb holsters. Any suggestions?

Cool... I picked one up today as well. It just seems like such a well-made piece of equipment.

I'm interested in a holster as well.

Cheers,

Rich

Last edited:
seecamp

I have a NAA Guardian 32, essentially the same gun. I holstered it in an Uncle Mikes sidekick in my wallet pocket. Not noticable but a bit heavy for such a small gun. I found the best ammo to shoot through it are Hydra Shock, not so sure they would expand or penetrate so well though. Larger heavy grain bullets tended to keyhole, at leat in my Guardian they did.

I have 6 boxes of 32 JHP that I will not be using if anyone is interested in them.

Good luck, they are nice little pocket guns.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm partial to Hornady's JHP/XTP's & feed them to my .380 & 9mm. I bought 1 box each of Silvertips, Hydra-Shok, & Hornady. Will be picking up/adding Gold Dots to the mix of test ammo. Will let you know the results. As for holsters, I spent some time online a little earlier. Not the same as 'live'. Looks like it's a trip to Lewis Arms in Concord. He carries a good selection.

I've had my Seecamp .32 for a few years and it is a very nice piece. I carry it during the months when I'm not wearing a jacket, and I use one of these holsters:

http://www.pocketholsters.com/Seecamp_Pocket_Wallet_Holster/seecamp_pocket_wallet_holster.html

The holster is a bit expensive, but it's very well made and nobody has ever guessed that it was anything other than a wallet in my back pocket.

As for ammo, I like the Fiocci 60 gr. SJHP. It functions and fires just fine and it's a quite a bit cheaper than Hornady, Federal or Win. Silvertip.

Note: When I bought the gun, I got a box of Hornady 60 gr. JHP/XTP (25 rounds for $14.99) and a box of Federal Premium 65 gr. Hydra-Shok Personal Defense ammo (20 rounds for $16.99). The dealer told me that these were currently the factory recommended rounds, so I got a box of each.
(I don't know why the Silvertips are no longer the factory preferred load)
TheThe Hornady stuff worked fine, but the more expensive Federal rounds gave me a problem. It seems the OAL was a bit out-of-spec and caused them to jam up inside the magazine. I went back to the dealer and showed him the problem I was having, and he took another box from the shelf and we loaded and unloaded the magazines. The problem didn't reoccur with the newer box of ammo, but we compared the OAL of the old and new rounds and there definately was a difference in the OAL. So just beware that there are some lots of out-of-spec ammo out there.

Mine is about 15 years old and only works with Silvertips. I love the gun. I should I had to wait three years for it.

I have had the NAA/ Seecamp and the keltec 32.. Of the bunch, I kept the keltec.

My seecamp functioned only with silvertips. Very nice gun. And as it's the only one of the bunch that is Mass ok, it is a very nice way to go..

If any of you can use an ankle holster for a naa or seecamp, I'd be happy to do a trade of some sort. Just let me know. It is well made and nice, I just never got around to using it.

(I don't know why the Silvertips are no longer the factory preferred load)

Several years ago Winchester changed the Silvertip line. IIRC there was at least a material change (the older bullets were a brighter, more shiney finish) and they may have changed the shape just enough to interfere with feeding. I recall examining some of the new bullets after they had been chambered and they had a noticeable dent in the bullet where they hit something in the chambering process. I think that was the reason Seecamp gave for changing the ammo recommendations.

Check out www.seecamp.com and jump on the forum. You'll find everything you need to know and the is a few great holster makers on the forum. Good luck.

p.s. Seecamp in my pocket 365/year

Back
Top Bottom