Security Pulls Gun On Uniformed Cop Who Wouldn't Disarm In Gun Free Zone

LEO entering a military base in uniform with his weapon insisting to be allowed entrance and refusing to disarm or leave will not get very far with the military 18 yr old with a 12g and his backup. Same scenario here, especially while not being dispatched to the location. The next person coming in armed with a uniform could be an impostor.

Last edited:
It would have been hilarious had the officer in question been dispatched to the IRS office to respond to the 911 call.

The very short clip shows the officer leaving. He gets into the elevator and Blart prevents the door from closing. Then the clip ends and we're "told" the officer refused to leave.

It doesn't add up.

This is one where we'll never know, probably, but atm it seems like mall cop vs douchebag.

When ‘govt officials’ start pulling guns on each other....,,

Just sit back with some popcorn

When stupid people, pass stupid laws with ‘zero tolerance’; then stupid things are going to happen.
Bingo! GFZs rank near the top of dumbest laws in this nation.

... the LEO should have realized that he was not exempt (just like my bar card does not allow me to bypass security at federal court).
Even BPD has to disarm to enter federal court, right?

Eklund ordered Deputy Gaston to take the gun out to his vehicle, but the deputy said that he cannot disarm while on duty.
That's a reasonable accommodation and what I would expect.
No, a secure gun check at the IRS entrance would be a reasonable accommodation.

Yep. For two reasons. One - he shouldn't be disarmed while not in the building, and two - he shouldn't leave his gun in the car. Personally, I don't think he should be disarmed while in the building, but that's up for debate as it's a policy matter, and perhaps could/should be revised. The security guard needs training.

Definitely a MORE reasonable accommodation, but given they do not HAVE secure storage (and btw for WHOM and for WHAT and for how MUCH) then it is reasonable to tell the copper to come back without his firearm. How he accomplishes that is up to him.

I think the private security company should just do the internal investigation, and I am all for qualifield immunity in this particular case. I also think that charges should be brought up on the disobediant cop. Failure to comply with the order of a security guard sbould be the charge.

Cops sure like to have their cake and eat it too.

If we're going by civil rights, then there shouldn't BE any gun free zones in any public space. Private residences and businesses are of course free to do as they wish.
I strongly disagree.
If some court or taxman wants a gun-free zone, fine.
But they have to spend 6-7 figures/year to maintain it, minimum.
At some point they're going to realize that hiring that many guards
is sopping up money they could be siphoning into their own pockets...

I strongly disagree.
If some court or taxman wants a gun-free zone, fine.
But they have to spend 6-7 figures/year to maintain it, minimum.
At some point they're going to realize that hiring that many guards
is sopping up money they could be siphoning into their own pockets...

I just don't see where the government is permitted to do that. Inch / mile.

And it wouldn't teach that lesson. They'd just budget more money to cover the expense. The corruption wouldn't even notice.

I just don't see where the government is permitted to do that.
Yet they do it.
And it wouldn't teach that lesson. They'd just budget more money to cover the expense. The corruption wouldn't even notice.
It's having to hop on the Probulator every time you enter or leave the building
that would get real old real fast for the occupants.

Yet they do it.

It's having to hop on the Probulator every time you enter or leave the building
that would get real old real fast for the occupants.

upload_2019-7-24_17-28-29.png

Gubbermint bore-o-crats don't mind at ALL making life difficult for others and for themselves. It's just part of the job. (note - the pig in the meme above refers to those gubbermint workers)

And now the rest of the story.

Short version: the idiot from FPS thought the entire building was off limits. Also, I could not see any of the required 18 USC 930 notices posted anywhere at the entrance to the federal offices.

From memory, the claim was the officer refused to leave, yet the video pretty clearly shows the IRS security guard trying to STOP the officer from leaving.

That would be like one of us going into Walmart, OC, being told by the door greeter to leave, we comply but the greeter chases us down and PREVENTS us from leaving, then claims we refused to leave.

And that is most charitable interpretation I can imagine based on the frigging video.

That rent a cop is lucky he is not in a body bag, because I would have dropped him the second he followed me out with his weapon drawn.

The Deputy must have ice water in his veins not to have reacted to being drawn upon in that manner... he didn't taser or CS Pepper spray the rent a cop.

That rent a cop is lucky he is not in a body bag, because I would have dropped him the second he followed me out with his weapon drawn.

The Deputy must have ice water in his veins not to have reacted to being drawn upon in that manner... he didn't taser or CS Pepper spray the rent a cop.

One of the articles said he was some kind of crisis negotiator IIRC

My favorite part is when Rent a Nerd says “So then I drew on him...” and the cop goes “Wait you drew on him..?” Then drops his head and rubs his eyes. Classic.

Yep. For two reasons. One - he shouldn't be disarmed while not in the building, and two - he shouldn't leave his gun in the car. Personally, I don't think he should be disarmed while in the building, but that's up for debate as it's a policy matter, and perhaps could/should be revised. The security guard needs training.

This about territory.

Non-federal LEOs are not of the exempt class when it comes to federal carry. This is why armed postal and even poultry inspectors can carry on commercial aircraft, but state and local LEOs can only carry under very limited circumstances and only when on official business.

Failure to comply with the order of a security guard sbould be the charge.
There is no such crime. Carrying in federal buildings while not a federal LEO or exempt person (think diplomatic passport w/immunity) is a federal offense.

With all due respect... cops here take an enormous ration of shit and trolling, and the 6 of us left take it pretty well bro.

Y'all do. No need to feed the trolling afterward though. Most have shown you are above it. I appreciate reading LEO responses even when I disagree.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom