secret guns

I managed to score about a 4 year supply of .22 so I'm in good shape.

3 cases of Blazer at 5000 rounds each plus 2 cases of remington "bucket o bullets with 5600 rounds each.

The crazy thing is that all 26,000 rounds of that stuff only cost about $850

Don

Last edited:
I managed to score about a 4 year supply of .22 so I'm in good shape.

3 cases of Blazer at 5000 rounds each plus 2 cases of remington "bucket o bullets with 5600 rounds each.

The crazy thing is that all 26,000 rounds of that stuff only cost about $800

Don

What's your experience with the golden bullets? Everyone tells me they're crap but at least for Appleseed distances they seem fine.

This past winter I bought like 2k rounds of rem gold bullet and i have to say i have been very pleased. They perform similarly to my CCI minimag. The gold bullets also fire great in my SR22 and sig mosquito.

only problem w the golden bulletts is the damn gold glitter. When i get home from the range it looks like i was at a titty bar.

This past winter I bought like 2k rounds of rem gold bullet and i have to say i have been very pleased. They perform similarly to my CCI minimag. The gold bullets also fire great in my SR22 and sig mosquito.

only problem w the golden bulletts is the damn gold glitter. When i get home from the range it looks like i was at a titty bar.

I suppose if you tell the wife that the "other woman's" name was Remington they might think there's a different problem [grin]

The golden bullets are crap. But they go bang (mostly) when you squeeze the trigger. Their accuracy is about the same as Federal Bulk pack. But I'd say they are dirtier and the shape of the bullet doesn't fed as well.

I made rifleman (scored 240) with golden bullets and a stock 10/22 other than tech sights and a DIY trigger job following the instructins on rimfire central. So they aren't too bad.

Of course, my wife gets to shoot CCI SV out of her shillen barreled 10/22.

Also, they tended to jam on the hollow point in new ruger 10/22 mags.

I relieved the front edge of the new mags with a round file so that they matched the old mags and it fed ok.

They are reasonably powerful, so they cycle most guns, provided they feed ok.

Last edited:
The golden bullets are crap. But they go bang (mostly) when you squeeze the trigger.

I made rifleman (scored 240) with golden bullets and a stock 10/22 other than tech sights and a DIY trigger job following the instructins on rimfire central.

Of course, my wife gets to shoot CCI SV out of her shillen barreled 10/22.

Also, they tended to jam on the hollow point in new ruger 10/22 mags.

I relieved the front edge of the new mags with a round file so that they matched the old mags and it fed ok.

When was last time u shot them?

a few years ago i too wasnt impressed but i was told remington revamped their production and improved it. The new batches for me have been great.

[laugh2]that's so true about the gold coating! As far as performance goes, I agree that it is decent stuff. I bought several bricks of it when it was on sale at Dick's for $16 a box last year. I just regret not buying way more than I did. In my experience I usually get a couple of duds per box, but nothing more than any other brand.

What's your experience with the golden bullets? Everyone tells me they're crap but at least for Appleseed distances they seem fine.
They ARE crap.
The golden bullets are crap. But they go bang (mostly) when you squeeze the trigger. Their accuracy is about the same as Federal Bulk pack. But I'd say they are dirtier and the shape of the bullet doesn't fed as well.
Judging from the bullets themselves, about 7-8 years ago (I think), they changed the shape of the bullet. Up until then I fed my Rugers Mark I and II a steady of Remington... and then suddenly with several new boxes, they turned two stone-cold-reliable Rugers into jammomatics.

Simple solution: I started buying Federal and finished the Golden stuff off in my 10/22s.

And don't get me started with Thunderbolts... if there's a guy on the line at an Appleseed having no end of trouble with misfeeds and duds, 9 times out of 10 there's a box of Remington Thunderbolt on the ground next to him.

Federal value pack has always fed reliably for me. Its moderately dirty, not too bad.

My problems with Fed Value pack are more around accuracy and the fact that there are a lot of duds.

Thunderbolt is the worst of the worst.

My regret is that when I could buy Blazer for the cost of any of the crap ammo ($1.50/box or $150/5000), I didn't buy more.

lol

She knows what I have, she's seen it all.

But if she knew the price of it all, she'd pass out.

"What is that?"
"Oh this thing? This is just a hammerpack."
"Ok."

$17k hammerpack [laugh]

The best was her helping me to file for my SBR dealing with all the paperwork uploading it all,then fighting to get on the e-file site after it all went thru she said you did all that so you can cut 8" off your AK barrel? I'm like yeah it's gonna be so cool she didn't agree.

I used to hate them. The ones recently have been very good unlike the recent Federals. I have had a lot of duds in the Federals lately

Back
Top Bottom