• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SD9 2.0

Anyone here get one of these yet? I had one in my hand and the trigger is very Glock like more so than the older model. A friend of mine who worked at S&W said the employee that designed the new one is their best engineer. What sucks is only one mag but all the prior SD mags will work.

So do they think that polishing a turd for the third time is going to make it great? 🤣
Dude - do not put down the power of polishing turds. You are yourself the current state of a turd at the hands of evolution.
But yeah, almost anything is the product of polishing some turd - no?

Last edited:
Anyone here get one of these yet? I had one in my hand and the trigger is very Glock like more so than the older model. A friend of mine who worked at S&W said the employee that designed the new one is their best engineer. What sucks is only one mag but all the prior SD mags will work.
So none of you tried the new one. Guess I won't get a true from anyone here.

It's probably because it's not a highly sought-after gun. I'm sure that at its price point, eventually there will be many buyers. I believe that the Sigma mags will also work in the SD9 2.0.

So none of you tried the new one. Guess I won't get a true from anyone here.
It's a new smith product, that automatically gives it 3 demerits. It's a rehash of something that wasnt great but wasn't completely broken. This is likely an entire product for "smith people " to buy because they will go full zombie apocalypse on it. I bet it's a hot seller in .40. 🤣

It's a new smith product, that automatically gives it 3 demerits. It's a rehash of something that wasnt great but wasn't completely broken. This is likely an entire product for "smith people " to buy because they will go full zombie apocalypse on it. I bet it's a hot seller in .40. 🤣
Reported.

I like my M&P you bully.

Let's hope so. It was the Sigma that came out first in .40 in 1994, followed by the 9mm for girls. [laugh]

Well DR, as the story goes, you're going to spend a lot more on ammo over the years so why skimp on a low priced range gun.

Well DR, as the story goes, you're going to spend a lot more on ammo over the years so why skimp on a low priced range gun.
In the grand scheme things though the thing won't be that cheap I mean what's a smegma nowadays with like 400 bucks or something? I don't think the cost difference is really huge. Most of this smegma owners I know have multiple handguns it's not like it's the only gun they own.

The sigma would be a top seller if it were about $75 less. You can get a ton of awesome guns in that price range.

The G43x and Sig 365 beat the hell out of pretty much everything else in terms of sales. You should be able to get a used M&P for that same money, and have a much better pistol ergonomics wise. if you include used pistols there's about 100 better choices out there.

I understand wanting to skinflint, but you should seriously consider if you really want to buy lifesaving tools from the bottom 10% of the market.

The sigma would be a top seller if it were about $75 less. You can get a ton of awesome guns in that price range.

The G43x and Sig 365 beat the hell out of pretty much everything else in terms of sales. You should be able to get a used M&P for that same money, and have a much better pistol ergonomics wise. if you include used pistols there's about 100 better choices out there.

I understand wanting to skinflint, but you should seriously consider if you really want to buy lifesaving tools from the bottom 10% of the market.
The Smegma and its peers sells moderately but not as much as it's peers, but "because smith people" it still gets attention. Smith has horrible guns like the BG380 that would be flops if made by another brand. Their brand power/loyalty is still off the scales good for a gun manufacturer.

The Smegma and its peers sells moderately but not as much as it's peers, but "because smith people" it still gets attention. Smith has horrible guns like the BG380 that would be flops if made by another brand. Their brand power/loyalty is still off the scales good for a gun manufacturer.
Ok, having an opinion is fine but I'm feeling personally attacked now 🤣

I went through a phase where I went through carry guns like I changed clothes. I agree the BG 380 semi although was reliable is not a good gun. Why carry a 6 rd 380 semi with a revolver like trigger when you can carry a 6 rd revolver in 38 or 357 that will be more reliable. So I took my own advice and didn't buy the SD.

In the grand scheme things though the thing won't be that cheap I mean what's a smegma nowadays with like 400 bucks or something? I don't think the cost difference is really huge. Most of this smegma owners I know have multiple handguns it's not like it's the only gun they own.
An FFL could get me the new SD9 2.0 for $280

I went through a phase where I went through carry guns like I changed clothes. I agree the BG 380 semi although was reliable is not a good gun. Why carry a 6 rd 380 semi with a revolver like trigger when you can carry a 6 rd revolver in 38 or 357 that will be more reliable. So I took my own advice and didn't buy the SD.

That's being very polite. It's exponentially worse than any revolver I've ever used. By orders of magnitude. [rofl] that thing just keeps pullllllllllllllllllllllllllling..... bang. [rofl]

That's being very polite. It's exponentially worse than any revolver I've ever used. By orders of magnitude. [rofl] that thing just keeps pullllllllllllllllllllllllllling..... bang. [rofl]
Hardest gun to sell.

I bought one figuring it would make a good pocket gun. Thing was horrific.

I basically had to pay my buddy to buy it from me.

Hardest gun to sell.

I bought one figuring it would make a good pocket gun. Thing was horrific.I

I basically had to pay my buddy to buy it from me.
I'm surprised the things even sell at all even to "Smith people". That said the smegma even outsells that gun probably by like 10 to 1. I have encountered a few people that actually like it which I can't wrap my head around. One version of the gun the barrel is even made out of pot metal. You can see the MIM like mold seam in the barrel..... 🤣

I'm surprised the things even sell at all even to "Smith people". That said the smegma even outsells that gun probably by like 10 to 1. I have encountered a few people that actually like it which I can't wrap my head around. One version of the gun the barrel is even made out of pot metal. You can see the MIM like mold seam in the barrel..... 🤣

C'mon, man, you're exaggerating. Do you see a crease in this barrel? Yes, but only because SW forgot to polish it. [laugh]

1711640899716.png

Back
Top Bottom