Scope

Bad13Luck

NES Member
I am currently setting up a Remington 700 in .308 for some long distance shooting. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good scope?

Mike

I Really like the Sightron line. I put a Sightron S2 4-12x42mmAO on my old Howa M&P .308. Same basic rifle, uses the same mounts. The Sightron is fantastic.
jp

I guess it depends on how much you are willing to spend and if you're on a budget or not. What's the story?

I've got my Remington LTR in .308 that I have a Leupold Mark IV 4.5-14x50 w/Illuminated Mil-dot reticle and I LOVE IT. I also spent more for that scope than I did for the rifle itself.

If you're looking for something high quality but in the $400 range or so, consider a Super Sniper. Get yourself a nice 10x side focus Super Sniper and you'll be happy as a pig in crap with that, too.

Truth be told, just about any newly-made scope is going to work well (anything over the price of $150 or so). You need to decide on magnification. What do you consider "long-distance shooting"? 200yds? 600? 1000? If shooting beyond 400yds, think high mag. 24X or more.
The high-dollar scopes are really, really nice, but if you are just shooting paper informally, a Bushnell or Simmons is going to work just as well.

I guess it depends on how much you are willing to spend and if you're on a budget or not. What's the story?

I've got my Remington LTR in .308 that I have a Leupold Mark IV 4.5-14x50 w/Illuminated Mil-dot reticle and I LOVE IT. I also spent more for that scope than I did for the rifle itself.

If you're looking for something high quality but in the $400 range or so, consider a Super Sniper. Get yourself a nice 10x side focus Super Sniper and you'll be happy as a pig in crap with that, too.
In my opinion Dave hit it on the head.

I have a Leupold Mark IV on my 700, I don't regret the extra $$$ but if had to do it over I would probably get a Super Sniper. And if I got a Super Sniper I would spend the extra dial for the side magnification knob.

Back
Top Bottom