• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Scope Opinions...Vortex Diamondback HP, Nikon Monarch 5

Trying to decide on a new scope for my 6.8 SPC AR.

I use this rifle most of the year for building handloads that put small holes close together on paper. I also use it as one of my deer rifles in the fall.

Curious if anyone has any experience with the two scopes below. I think both would fill my needs, but wanted to hear some first hand knowledge as well.

Vortex Diamondback HP 3-12x42, BDC
Nikon Monarch 5 3-15x42 ED SF, BDC

No specific experience with those two scopes, but I would highly recommend Vortex. I have their Viper PST on an AR- it's a great scope and Vortex warranty and service is some of the best I have experienced from any supplier. I over-torqued the mount, which was causing problems with tracking. They helped me figure this out and actually made test shots with my scope on their rifles to verify. Absolutely fantastic communication and quick turn-around so that I could shoot a match.

I have the relatively new Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8x24mm scope on one of my AR15s. I like it very much although I've only used it a couple of times. Vortex is a great outfit.

The Vortex Diamondback HP 3-12x42 sounds like a great choice for your needs.

im no scope expert and only recently bought anything "new" I would tell you if possible get behind as many scopes as you can at the range.
Vortex was high on my list but for me when i look through them the reticles where always a bit on the fat side and weird color. more like a shadow than black lines.

Back
Top Bottom