Scenario: Man grabs for your firearm

I would blow my rape whistle

Ok, a bit off topic but this reminded me of a reason why my g/f chose not to go to umass dartmoth. in their welcome pack for their open house, they gave everyone a Rape wistle, and spent a good amount of time telling people that if they are getting raped, to blow on it so others will come and help... A short look at the statistics around the college and it seems that it is more likely to attract others to help the guy raping you... meanwhile her x-mas present was pepper spray and a few good shooting lessons.

Not stated, but probably implied: don't practice handgun retention with real guns, even "unloaded" ones. Use a dummy gun.

And if you're practicing retention out of the holster, don't put your finger in the trigger guard. It's safest to put all four fingers together around the grip.

One alone can kill when using any hard contact surface to strike with if the angle is right and enough force is applied. Who's to say the dude you're whacking isn't going to lean forward at the worst possible time, or move ever so slightly to the side? Ever seen the movie "Ransom"? Gary Sinise hits Liev Schreiber in the throat with a strike called a tiger mouth, which is quite possibly the best non-lethal throat strike. It's a strike thrown in the same manner as grabbing someone by the throat very hard without ever closing your hand. The soft tissue between your thumb and index finger won't crack the trachea but no matter who you're dealing with that will take the fight out of them VERY quickly if done correctly. That having been said, throat shots are probably best left in the movies or for life threatening situations if you haven't had some comprehensive training.

Back on topic: I'm a big believer in pin & spin in this case. Keep It Simple, Stupid.

Not sure about five, but I would use 4 extended knuckles straight to the throat and drive it forcefully in. Person can't breate, they can't function. Multiple blows will kill.

And if you're practicing retention out of the holster, don't put your finger in the trigger guard. It's safest to put all four fingers together around the grip.

Yup. And no jewelery. No pocket knives. No kubotans. Empty your pockets first.

Back
Top Bottom