sbr

garyz

NES Member
I tried a search but could not find anything
I am interested in finding out what is involved in legally getting a sbr
(short barrel rifle) in ma. also, w/ the sbr, does this bypass any of the evil things we can not have, ie.. collapsable (sp) stock etc...

tia
garyz

Last edited:
thx, I searched for short, there wasn't much, but the basic jist is that I have to go the police, get a signoff from the chief, submit forms, wait, and pay a tax stamp.
if any one has gone through this, and can give me some more insight, I appreciate it

thx
garyz

garyz said:
thx, I searched for short, there wasn't much, but the basic jist is that I have to go the police, get a signoff from the chief, submit forms, wait, and pay a tax stamp.
if any one has gone through this, and can give me some more insight, I appreciate it

thx
garyz

Gary,

I have gone thru the process, basically it is what you have above, except you pay the tax when you submit the forms, also it does not allow you to bypass MA's AWB. If you have additional questions, I'll do my best to answer them

thx for the info supermoto
I'm going to try to get to the police dpt next week and get the forms
i'm interested in a sbr hk, or variant of a semi mp5

thx
garyz

You need to get the forms from the atf of you can download them from
titleii.com

If you are purchasing a already registered SBR, then use a form 4

If you are buy a non sbr and are going to make a sbr then use a form 1

also you need the FBI fingerprint card... its blue

a citizen form also

god luck

garyz said:
I tried a search but could not find anything
I am interested in finding out what is involved in legally getting a sbr
(short barrel rifle) in ma. also, w/ the sbr, does this bypass any of the evil things we can not have, ie.. collapsable (sp) stock etc...

tia
garyz

If you're goiing to go through all the trouble to register an SBR, make sure
you get a "preban" host reciever/gun for it, first. This way you can forget
about all the AWB crap in the process. (I mean, if one is going to spend $200 extra to make an SBR, whats a few more $$$ to get a preban
host in the process? )

-Mike

so I just walk in and get the chief to sign the Form 1? (which I have already downloaded from the internet)?

Back
Top Bottom