Savage rifles

I couldn't find a specific location for this so if it is wrong please move.

I have been in the market for a precision .308 for a while and read a post about a place that is selling savage rifles for dealer cost. He is out of the 10FCP's but has a 10FCPXP which comes with scope, bipod, and case for a lot more money but reasonable for what it is.

Anybody have any opinions on this package?

Thanks
Mark

The package, in my opinion is pretty good. I was a toss up with the 700P tws which is over $2000. Further research on many sites brought me to go ahead and buy the 700p rifle alone and build up myself which pretty much equaled what it would cost to buy the Savage package. I'd say, go for it. Good luck

MSRP is over $2400 and $1878 shipped including insurance and 4% CC charge to my FFL. I don't think I could build it for that price. I don't have enough experience with precision rifles to know if I would build it that exact way if I were to build it?

I have been looking used and with good glass I am not seeing a huge price difference.

Thanks again I'll take all the input I can get. Pro or con!

I'd go for it! I LOVE my Savage rifles, and if you factor in the hundred or so it would cost for the bipod, the couple hundred for a quality case, and depending on the scope, multiple hundreds for that, and you are getting it all put together and tested... I'd say it's worth it.

I'd go for it! I LOVE my Savage rifles, and if you factor in the hundred or so it would cost for the bipod, the couple hundred for a quality case, and depending on the scope, multiple hundreds for that, and you are getting it all put together and tested... I'd say it's worth it.

Amen to that. You will not be ill served with a Savage.

Savage rifles are great shooters!
I never had the desire to buy one, but I did win one a few years ago.

The thing is a tack driver!

One mod that I would do (not yet on mine) is to stiffen up the fore end, on the synthetic stocks.

Box stock it is a little flimsy. One guy told me to use old, worn out round files. Run a couple lengthwise forward of the action and the pillars and fill it in with bedding material. This adds a little weight, but should stiffen up the fore end substantially.

Back
Top Bottom