Savage Heavy Barrel

50 BMG

Mosin Nagant Collector
NES Life Member
View attachment 2151

Bought this this rifle for about two years ago and love it. Chambered in 223 it is a real tack driver. I have its bigger brother in 308. Great rifles for the money.

Last edited:
Check out the Savage web site for the retail price then call around that is what I did. I bought mine a few years ago so the price I am sure has gone up. One thing nice about Savage Arms is they are located in Westfield Ma. and if anything, I mean anything needs fixing they are great.

I went on a tour of the factory last year and it really is a neat place. They still do some of the operations the old fashion way. By hand!!!! Check out the web site. www.Savagearms.com

As to prices you can buy a Savage for about half of what you would pay for a Remington. So if you are like most folks now a days saving a few bucks is a nice thing.

The accuracy of both rifles is outstanding. I did break the barrel in as required and it paid off in the end. I hope this was helpful. The Plaster stock was $159 on sale at Midway. It is a bedded free floating stock and really is nice to use. Looks a bit odd at first but it sure works well.

Last edited:
The Plaster stock was $159 on sale at Midway. It is a bedded free floating stock and really is nice to use. Looks a bit odd at first but it sure works well.

I've used that combo before and really liked it. I found it a very comfortable stock. Left me lusting after a Savage of my own!

Not sure why you cant see any pictures. Email a mod and see if they can help you figure out why you cant see them.

I have the same two rifles, they are fantastic for the money. At the end of January the model 10 precison carbine will be out with the accustock.

Slick rifles for the money.
My daughter's FP10 in .223 is wicked accurate. I think the only real common complaint is the "tupperware" stock.
Because of a work related injury to her wrist, we changed her stock over to a thumbhole stock, which proved to be much more comfortable for her.

I can't see the pictures in Firefox at work. At home I can ee them in IE no problem. Strange. Nice rifle Fred. I have a Model 10 in .223 with the standard barrel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom