Savage 10 FCP-K

Mbous

NES Member
I'm starting to look into my next gun purchase and I want to pick up a bolt gun in .308. I'm pretty sure I want a savage and was thinking about the model 10FCP-K in .308. Anyone have any thoughts or experiences with it. I don't have the $1500 for the FCP HS precision or the McMillian stock one.

I have a 10FP-SR in .308. Tack driver.

I picked one(10fcp-sr) up used last month. I have yet to shoot it, but if it's half as good as you and a lot of other people say, it'll be better than I am. I liked the addition of the 10 rd detachable mag, and that's why I went with it over the Fcp-k . Vortex glass is on and bore sighted, Witt machine brake is on the way. The rep for savage rifles out of the box is phenomenal, so I don't see how you can go wrong.

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket

I'm starting to look into my next gun purchase and I want to pick up a bolt gun in .308. I'm pretty sure I want a savage and was thinking about the model 10FCP-K in .308. Anyone have any thoughts or experiences with it. I don't have the $1500 for the FCP HS precision or the McMillian stock one.

I got the McMillan model last year online at Bud's Gun Shop...significantly less than $1500. Shooting from a bipod with handloads it gives me sub-MOA accuracy. You'll be delighted with the FCP-K.

My experience is that at this point, short of buying some super wham-o-dyne rifle, Savage delivers the best accuracy for the money right out of the box.

I bought one about a month ago. Have only taken it to the range twice but I really like the rifle. I mounted a Harris bipod and a Vortex Viper 6x24 50 scope on it. Cant say enough good things about the glass....really terrific!
I paid about $1000.00 for the rifle and the same for the scope.

I've been considering a new bolt gun and have narrowed it down to the model 10 Precision Carbine. I like the looks and the size of the rifle, plus I've read a lot of good reviews on it.

BTW, if you adjust the trigger lighter be careful each time you shoot it. I have mine on the lightest setting and it is ****ing light. Not like, drop it and it would go off, but there's no take up and a it breaks super crisp. I would NOT recommend going from stock setting straight to all the way light unless you're used to light triggers. And for the love of God keep your finger off the trigger until you are on target.

BTW, if you adjust the trigger lighter be careful each time you shoot it. I have mine on the lightest setting and it is ****ing light. Not like, drop it and it would go off, but there's no take up and a it breaks super crisp. I would NOT recommend going from stock setting straight to all the way light unless you're used to light triggers. And for the love of God keep your finger off the trigger until you are on target.

This. Mine arrived with the trigger set very light - scared the crap out of me on the first shot. I've since learned to handle it well.

I have the HS precision model (in my opinion a better stock than the McMillan since it has the aluminum bedding block while the McMillan does not). The thing is a tack driver. I get about 0.6-0.7 MOA with it out of the box and I'm not the greatest shot. I can't recommend it enough as it is the most accurate rifle I own. But I don't know where you're getting $1500 from because I only paid about $950 for it

I don’t have the 10FCP-K model but I bought a used 10FP over 12 years ago and it is still dead accurate every time, with no issues. If mine was in need of an upgrade I would absolutely stay with Savage.

I was really hoping I'd find an incredible deal at the Marlboro show yesterday or read bad reviews on Savage rifles so I won't be so tempted to order a Model 10PC but it looks like that's what I'll be doing next Saturday. [grin]

I was really hoping I'd find an incredible deal at the Marlboro show yesterday or read bad reviews on Savage rifles so I won't be so tempted to order a Model 10PC but it looks like that's what I'll be doing next Saturday. [grin]

I'll tell yah what, I have the savage 22. Tr-srr it's there fancy smancy tacticool .22, has the accutriger fluted threaded barrel and it's literally the only gun that goes to the range with me every time. I love that thing. I will be adding a 10-fick at some point too.

I'll tell yah what, I have the savage 22. Tr-srr it's there fancy smancy tacticool .22, has the accutriger fluted threaded barrel and it's literally the only gun that goes to the range with me every time. I love that thing. I will be adding a 10-fick at some point too.

I've looked at the 93R17 TR models and may end up with one of those as well.

I don't know how set you are on the 10FP, but I was at Riley's in Hooksett last week and they had (2) 10FCP-SR on the shelf at a really good price. I wish I had seen them when I bought mine a month ago, as they're not much more than I paid for mine in almost new condition. Got to put the first 10 through mine on Friday. I didn't even really try to zero the scope, since it was only about 8 inches high at 100 yds. I shot 2 five shot groups to gauge consistancy, and they were about 1.5 inches with me being a mediocre shot on a bipod from the bench. With luck the muzzle brake from Witt Machine will be here in time for a zeroing session on Friday.

The only ND I've ever had was with one of Savage's target rifles. I was all lined up for a shot, and I fired it while getting my finger into position on the trigger. Was NOT expecting that.

Back
Top Bottom