Saiga 308 conversion

Saiga 308 conversion I used a rpk stock set and WASR gas tube. the lower handguard retainer was too big so I cut a curved piece off a upper gas tube clip...welded it inside the lower retainer and made a shallow barrel notch to make sure the the handguard sat level. The muzzle had quite the taper to it and threading was not an option without milling down the barrel so I welded a PKM flash hider to the fsb. for trigger I used an AKT as you will notice a gIt runs like a sewing machine! I used a 1947 Russian Ruble under the shellac on the stock to add a little character.

Nice! I haven't gone as far as bore out the 1/2 of my fsb to slide it further back and thread the muzzle but I keep telling myself I will one of these days.

Nice!

Selling my 308 Saiga is a big regret of mine, I wish I could have held on to it but moving out of MA was more important. I am not even sure I could find an other one, never mind for as cheap as I scored mine for.

ETA; I just took a look on Gunbroker, holy shit. I guess I need to make peace with the fact that I will never get an other one of those rifles.

Last edited:
Yea they command too much money for the work that has to go in to get them like this.

Especially when I think back to paying $400 for mine brand new. **** I should figured out how to raise that money an other way.

Back
Top Bottom