Saiga 12 upgrade advice appreciated

Hey everybody I'm looking to "tacticalize" my Saiga 12 shotgun. I know the laws, I've seen conversion videos etc etc....

What I'm looking for help with is choosing products to put on it and what everyone's experiences are with them.
I would really love to do the conversion and put on a legal stock like: http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/26053-advanced-technology-ak-mak-90-maadi-fiberglass-stock.html but i can't find any site that sells that style stock.
The other option is http://www.atigunstocks.com/p-36-ak-47-mak-90-maadi-fiberforce-stock-handguards.aspx But frankly i'm not sure if its legal in MA and I think it was designed before ATI got their act together, so it may be low quality. I really like one of their new stocks that is on my mossberg.

I'd also like to put on a rail, I like the look of the fugly stick, but its just out of my price range. I like the UTG 4 rail setup with the two different length top rails, so i think I might go with that.

I know its a shotgun, but I'd also like to do something to the sights. I wouldn't mind a cheap red dot for now, but I don't want to deal with cheek piece height-type problems. I really love the look of the HK sights, but if I've done my research correctly those requires welding jobs that I'm incapable of and would have to outsource.

Any opinions and experiences would be awesome.
Thanks

Have a look at the Krebs Custom Ghost Ring sights, scroll down the page till you find 'em. Front sight is a bolt on, rear slides into the dovetail with a brass rod & small hammer.

I have a set on my 12ga and have put about 100 rounds through it since the install and they havn't loosened up yet.

Hey everybody I'm looking to "tacticalize" my Saiga 12 shotgun. I know the laws, I've seen conversion videos etc etc....

Hi, and welcome.

What I'm looking for help with is choosing products to put on it and what everyone's experiences are with them.
I would really love to do the conversion and put on a legal stock like: http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/26053-advanced-technology-ak-mak-90-maadi-fiberglass-stock.html but i can't find any site that sells that style stock.
The other option is http://www.atigunstocks.com/p-36-ak-47-mak-90-maadi-fiberforce-stock-handguards.aspx But frankly i'm not sure if its legal in MA and I think it was designed before ATI got their act together, so it may be low quality. I really like one of their new stocks that is on my mossberg.

I think that the ATI is your best bet. I have done a few conversions using the SLR 95 stocks and they require extensive modification of the stock to fit. I use a jig and a bridgeport to complete them.

I'd also like to put on a rail, I like the look of the fugly stick, but its just out of my price range. I like the UTG 4 rail setup with the two different length top rails, so i think I might go with that.

If I were you I would suggest going green (becoming a NES member) and then ask again. I know a guy who could probably get you a good price on a Fuglystick.[wink]

I know its a shotgun, but I'd also like to do something to the sights. I wouldn't mind a cheap red dot for now, but I don't want to deal with cheek piece height-type problems. I really love the look of the HK sights, but if I've done my research correctly those requires welding jobs that I'm incapable of and would have to outsource.

I have HK sights on mine and like them but you would have to figure out what the intended use will be. I find the HKs a drawback on clays but great for slug shooting.

I have been running cheap barska red dots on my Saigas for a while now (Barska pt# AC10332) while they are not military quality they do seem to be holding up and a good deal for 30$+-. These are mounted on BP-02 mounts available at Klinka Optics for around 60$. Good mount and cheap optic for easy upgrade at a later date.

Any opinions and experiences would be awesome
Thanks

Any other questions just ask and I am sure you will get the help you need.

Have a look at the Krebs Custom Ghost Ring sights, scroll down the page till you find 'em. Front sight is a bolt on, rear slides into the dovetail with a brass rod & small hammer.

I have a set on my 12ga and have put about 100 rounds through it since the install and they havn't loosened up yet.

nice site... got some goodies there.. thanks

Back
Top Bottom