• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W Pro Series 1911 9mm

Long story short, my twice returned pistol is going back to S&W today for the exact same problem it had the first two times, failure to extract. Bought new from Bud's, out of the box, I could not get thru 1 mag without this problem, so back it went. After "repair", out of the box, same problem, so back it went again. After return from 2nd "repair", I tried 3 or 4 mags and it seemed OK, but I had kind of lost interest in shooting it and brought other things to the range. That was in 2016.

Recently,I finally thought I would take this pistol to the range and see if it was really fixed. Nope! In 100 rounds, I had 14 failure to extract, so back it goes! I had looked at Dan Wesson, Colt and Springfield 9mm 1911's and went with the Smith because the Dan Wesson was not available at the time and the Smith had all the features I desired.

At this point, I am more than annoyed with S&W and am wondering what the next step may be if it returns "un-repaired" again. At what point should I expect them to just give me a new pistol, has anyone had that happen? Would appreciate any thoughts/comments you may have. Thanks.

Damn that stinks. I had the pro series 9mm a few years back and it ran damn near 100% but the machining/tooling marks were ridiculous for a gun that costs that much. I ended up selling it to a fellow NESer and bought a new Dan Wesson PM9.
Curious what others here recommend.

Yeah, I still have my full size pro series 9mm and I was lucky enough to not have any problems with it. Also lucky enough to not have any tooling marks. I’d say when you get it back a third time if it doesn’t work then I’d press hard for a replacement. Also with emphasis that this is the third time sending it in without an issue resolution. I thought the whole point of going S&W was the customer service that follows when their products (unfortunately far more than they should) have been failing. They do have nice firearms still, but like every other company post Obama QC is basically a dumpster fire.

Yeah, I still have my full size pro series 9mm and I was lucky enough to not have any problems with it. Also lucky enough to not have any tooling marks. I’d say when you get it back a third time if it doesn’t work then I’d press hard for a replacement. Also with emphasis that this is the third time sending it in without an issue resolution. I thought the whole point of going S&W was the customer service that follows when their products (unfortunately far more than they should) have been failing. They do have nice firearms still, but like every other company post Obama QC is basically a dumpster fire.

IMO its far worse than that, I think the dump in quality started during the Obama admin, and got even worse after Sandy Hookmaster BS. Many gun companies saw a bunch of gullible buyers coming and figured out that, given this huge new, big, influx of retards, that they could get away with having a statistically significant fail rate because 80% of the guns purchased probably wouldn't even be fired....

-Mike

Yeah - I think you should ask for a totally new replacement now before more time goes by.

I figured I'd give them this one more shot (3rd times the charm, right), and if still not running glitch free, I will press for a replacement. I should try to look up general consumer protection laws and see if there is anything I could point to or use to help convince them to do the right thing (if necessary).

Back
Top Bottom