S&W Perf. Center Gunsmithing: M&P Pistol Action Package...

P

Phaedo1982

M&P Pistol Action Package by the S&W gunsmiths includes the following:

• Polish Ramp
    Tuned Action
    Install Performance Center Sear
    Test Fire for Function

Cost: 105

Has anyone used their services or had this particular package done? I'm thinking of getting it done on a new M&P9c that I recently got, which is hard to break in. Wondering about the Performance Center Sear, specifically...

Any thoughts? (I'm guessing they would never lower the trigger pull for a MA owner, but am hoping this would still improve the firearms performance.)

As always, thank you for the replies.

just sent mine in for the S&W action pistol package today. My reasons for not going with Burwell or Bowie (whom i hear do phenomenal work on the m&P) are three fold. #1 going with S&W will not void my warranty. #2 should you ever, god forbid, need to defend yourself with your M&P that has been "modified" it will not bode well for you in court. Modified firearms can be made out to be considered "modified" to be "more lethal". #3. 5 day turn around for $130. will post a review after i get it back.

just sent mine in for the S&W action pistol package today. My reasons for not going with Burwell or Bowie (whom i hear do phenomenal work on the m&P) are three fold. #1 going with S&W will not void my warranty. #2 should you ever, god forbid, need to defend yourself with your M&P that has been "modified" it will not bode well for you in court. Modified firearms can be made out to be considered "modified" to be "more lethal". #3. 5 day turn around for $130. will post a review after i get it back.

1. Doesn't void your warranty.

2. BS

3. Similar price.

Any questions?

just sent mine in for the S&W action pistol package today. My reasons for not going with Burwell or Bowie (whom i hear do phenomenal work on the m&P) are three fold.

#1 going with S&W will not void my warranty.

Where does it say that anywhere?? I've personally known of a moded S&W Pistol being repaired by S&W under warranty...

#2 should you ever, god forbid, need to defend yourself with your M&P that has been "modified" it will not bode well for you in court. Modified firearms can be made out to be considered "modified" to be "more lethal".

Man, I hope that Scriv shows up for this one....

#3. 5 day turn around for $130. will post a review after i get it back.

I look forward to finding out what they did...and like Underware...I want to know what they mean by "Tuned Action" as well.

Don't Do It:
I had them do a "trigger job" on my 6906 (3.5" 9mm) a few years ago. Not worth the money. The trigger went from 12lbs to about 8 but was still creepy and crunchy. I was in CA at the time and they make you ship it FedEx Overnight, so the shipping added another $45 to the total cost which approached $150. I should have just sold the gun and bought something I liked better.

Back
Top Bottom