• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W Model 15 range report

The Goose

NES Member
So I took my "new" Model 15 to the range today. I fired some feeling out shots, both single and double action just to get used to it. I had some cheap Aquila 130 gr. FMJ. The two targets in the photo below represent 50 rds each at 30' with a 5.5" Shoot N C. I wanted to see how the gun would handle and check out its reliability so it was all done rapid fire. Starting out at the low ready (no drawing from the holster at this range) I would bring the gun up quickly and fire 6 shots as fast as I could, reload quickly and repeat until that box of ammo was empty. It got pretty warm. All shots were done double action. I used speed strips for reloading. Shooting more slowly or even single action the accuracy was much better. I could pretty much put the shot where I wanted it. Obviously this gun is far more accurate then I am.

Targets001.jpg

M15002.jpg

That sure is a nice-lookin' gun you have. Shoots well too.

The only thing I would want to change on it is make it a round-butt. I prefer RBs on snubbies, but that is a personal preference.

Back
Top Bottom